Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Pilot Driving Lights

Old 02-19-2010, 10:21 PM   #1
mcaquatic is on a distinguished road
mcaquatic's Tacoma Gallery
Pilot Driving Lights

Anyone have any experience with pilot lighting 5 1/2 inch round driving lights (code PL 2202C)? I want to get a pair of driving lights for my truck mostly for looks. This run about fifty bucks.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:55 AM   #2
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ad-lights.html
Old 02-20-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
mcaquatic is on a distinguished road
mcaquatic's Tacoma Gallery
thanks.
Is something like this easy to install? I pretty much have no experience installing lights.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:10 AM   #4
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Depends how mechanically-inclined you are. I was all thumbs my first time, probably like 6 hours. i've got a second set and it's been only about 2 hours so far; but I'm also cleaning up the wiring from the first. I'll be done in another hour, tops, once I get the part I need.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:32 AM   #5
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
i have a set. for the price (i payed $30 i think) they are great. easy to wire up. comes with a switch and quick connect plugs. the wireing diagram/instructions that it comes with aren't bad either. you'll need some extra wire and a few crimp connectors since the wires it comes with will most likely need to be extended.

they are bright, but if they still aren't vright enough, you can get a Hid kit for abotu $30....HID off road lights for $60...not too shabby