DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Bed Cages Pics please

Old 12-15-2011, 10:12 AM   #21
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtlachac08 View Post
CLEAN!! I'll be doing a similar setup next week, using shock hoops from Defined Engineering. Have you ever fully cycled your pack to measure exact wheel travel? How often are you riding bump with that setup? Any additional pics would be awsome. Do you have a build thread?
I didn't know Defined makes a shock hoop for our truck that's awesome.
I am getting 14inch travel with this setup. I do have a built thread.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:25 AM   #22
jtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeremy
jtlachac08's Tacoma Gallery
Ya the sell them a couple different ways, bolt-in, weld-in, bolt-in crossmember, weld in etc.

Mine should be here the beginning of next week. Here's a pic

I opted for the weld in hoops, and bolt in crossmember, to still have a somewhat functioning bed.

This should pull the full 15" the their pack is good for, with 14" shocks. Got a link for your build?
Old 12-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #23
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I wanted to run 14" shock but Tim recommended 12" so I will have up travel and not just all down travel. What shocks are you planning to run?

Build thread
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...trd-build.html
Old 12-15-2011, 11:03 AM   #24
jtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedTRD View Post
I wanted to run 14" shock but Tim recommended 12" so I will have up travel and not just all down travel. What shocks are you planning to run?

Build thread
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...trd-build.html

Ya I can see that reasoning with how low your hoops are, the 14 would really have much benefit.

The Defined ones come up into the bed a little, having to cut the fenderwell a little. Pretty much just allowing for the top of the shock to show and the crossmember to connect. Like this

I've got a pair of 14" RR F-O-A's for right now. But I'd like to get bypasses of course.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:12 AM   #25

So the hoops you have right now requires you to cut your bed like the picture you attached? If so you might as well do a bed cage since it's already being cut.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #26
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedTRD View Post
So the hoops you have right now requires you to cut your bed like the picture you attached? If so you might as well do a bed cage since it's already being cut.

Seriously
Old 12-15-2011, 11:22 AM   #27
GFO DMC LBR
dirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: adam
dirty dangler's Tacoma Gallery
http://dezertrangers.com/vb/portfolio/95918.htm
Old 12-15-2011, 11:32 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty dangler View Post
Awesome thread thanks. This should help out OP on his bed cage.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:36 AM   #29
FUNCTIONALITY GUYS!!!!!!!

How do you figure, "you might as well do a bed cage?" From trimming the fender wells to allow for the hoops and crossmember. Keep in mind that crossmember is removeable/bolted on.

Ill provide pics when I do mine, that is not my truck. Fixed TRD- You yourself opted to not do a bed cage for work reasons.......

As am I, Im not loosing any of my bed
Old 12-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #30
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

How do you figure, "you might as well do a bed cage?" From trimming the fender wells to allow for the hoops and crossmember. Keep in mind that crossmember is removeable/bolted on.

Ill provide pics when I do mine, that is not my truck. Fixed TRD- You yourself opted to not do a bed cage for work reasons.......

Old 12-15-2011, 04:10 PM   #31
LOL Are you acknowledging my reasoning here??
Old 12-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #32
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
LOL Are you acknowledging my reasoning here??
yes
Old 12-15-2011, 04:29 PM   #33
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
nom nom nom

Old 12-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #34
Piratefish is on a distinguished road

Piratefish's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Totally off the Fuckn hook !!

I will never have that kind of money. Maybe I should learn to weld.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:36 PM   #35

Quote:

Yes I do agree on "FUNCTIONALITY GUYS!!!!!!!" but my question was, your shock hoops is it the same as the one in the pic you posted where it does require to cut the bed? If it does require you to cut the bed even to mount your cross member why not get a bed saver cage like what OP is looking for and run some 16" shocks.

As for me I didn't want any cutting at all that is why I have the shock hoops which does not cut into the bed at all. I am not trying to bash on you or anything but if my hoops does require to cut into the bed I would of went with a bed saver cage from DMZ.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:12 AM   #36
GFO DMC LBR
dirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the sheddirty dangler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: adam
dirty dangler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piratefish View Post
Totally off the Fuckn hook !!

I will never have that kind of money. Maybe I should learn to weld.
thats the bible of bedcages lol..used it for inspiration many times...find a few you like and start getting creative
Old 12-17-2011, 07:34 AM   #37

Quote:
thats the bible of bedcages lol..used it for inspiration many times...find a few you like and start getting creative
Yeah, I have some ideas now. I need to keep in mind I am not going to be racing. I have a tendency to get a little carried away with what I really need
Old 12-17-2011, 08:32 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piratefish View Post
Yeah, I have some ideas now. I need to keep in mind I am not going to be racing. I have a tendency to get a little carried away with what I really need
dont get too carried away with the bender...

Old 12-17-2011, 08:39 AM   #39
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery

for days!!! now i know what i wanna do
Old 12-18-2011, 08:20 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
dont get too carried away with the bender...

Looks like part VW !!