Louisiana Tacomas' Sicily Island Run

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Louisiana

Notices

2nd Annual Sicily Island December Run (12/28-30)

Old 11-23-2012, 08:00 PM   #21
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
My guess is they won't be here by then....It'll be about a week to 10 once they ship...and I'nit sure where in the process they are at right now...i know they are being built and should be close to done. So we'll see...
I also gotta order my new wiring stuff for the winch...
Gotcha. Sounds like we'll both be working right up until the trip then.

I've got no timetable on my sliders because I'll be the first 4th gen with bolt-on's. Have to wait for Jerry to get a 4Runner in the shop to do the measurements
Old 11-23-2012, 08:04 PM   #23
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
At least you get a garage. My parents will probably relegate me to the driveway. My last project they could park inside for 2 days.

Foglight retrofit sounds awesome! Is it gonna be the same looking setup as your headlights?
Old 11-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #24
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
At least you get a garage. My parents will probably relegate me to the driveway. My last project they could park inside for 2 days.

Foglight retrofit sounds awesome! Is it gonna be the same looking setup as your headlights?
TRS Mini Gatlings painted red w/ the bowls painted satin black. Blazer projectors w/ 4300K bulbs...I might take my headlight set up apart and paint the shrouds red there too. I really want to upgrade to better parts, but I'm gunna spend alot on stuff for the bumper...so lights will have to wait.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #25

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
That's gonna look awesome! What all do you have to buy for the bumper? I thought you already had your winch?

Oh, and did you ever get those sliders on Evey's 4Runner? Last time I saw them they were sitting on the floor of your garage
Old 11-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #26
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
That's gonna look awesome! What all do you have to buy for the bumper? I thought you already had your winch?

Oh, and did you ever get those sliders on Evey's 4Runner? Last time I saw them they were sitting on the floor of your garage
Got the winch, but I'm going to upgrade to a sealed contactor and I'm going to build 2 or 0 gauge lines at my buddies shop to put the contactor up outta the way. I might buy a new line too.
I'm getting a red hawse fairlead, red permanent shackles w/ isolators.
Plus I already bought the new spare. So I've about warn out my wife's patience with needing just one mo thing...

And yeah-They have been on for a bit now.... And I'll have to see if I have one with the bolt on steps anywhere...she's outta town so I can't take any right now...
Old 11-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #27

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Her rig is looking good too! Didn't realize her's were weld-on's.

You should bring both to SI so I won't be alone. CJ can drive it
Old 11-23-2012, 08:21 PM   #29

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
We'll see...I might be able to convince her to bring hers cause we can sleep in it...
That's always a plus. 6 feet of space with the rear seats folded down!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #30

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Just got off the phone with Dennis, the owner of the park. We're all set for that weekend. When you're about 30 minutes from the park give him a call at either (318)389-4450 or (318)729-1538 and he will meet you at the gate. I'll add this to the OP as well
Old 12-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #31
Blueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Firefighter/ EMT
Name: Matt
Blueanimal's Tacoma Gallery
What time is everyone planning on heading up? I think I'm gonna start that way by 9am Friday.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #32
Blueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
That's always a plus. 6 feet of space with the rear seats folded down!
I need more than 6 ft...
Old 12-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #33

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Idk, I might try and convoy with Jerid and Micah if they go since I'll be going through Alexandria to visit my grandmother. So probably whenever works for them. You gonna bring the runner or jimmy along?
Old 12-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #34

Quote:
Idk, I might try and convoy with Jerid and Micah if they go since I'll be going through Alexandria to visit my grandmother. So probably whenever works for them. You gonna bring the runner or jimmy along?
I'll be bringing the Jimmy. 4runner is still broke.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #35

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueanimal View Post
I'll be bringing the Jimmy. 4runner is still broke.
Gonna conquer Short Cut?
Old 12-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern01Taco View Post
I might be able to make it this time around even if I have to change my tires with a 4 way when I get up there lol.

I can get a big set of crimpers. My dad has a set at his work that I used to crimp the ends on all of my wires for my winch. If you haven't bought the wire yet, you can get it from oreilleys, autozone, etc. and they will cut it to the length you need. You can also cut it with a good pair of dikes, it's just a little difficult.
I'm going to try and bring a air compressor this trip to make things easier and so no one has to worry about airing down. I can throw a jack and a impact in there too.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #37

Quote:
Gonna conquer Short Cut?
Lol. Damn straight. If Wes can make it up there's no reason I can't... It might be the only trail I take the demon on that weekend but I'm gonna do it. If its wet the demon will have to sit at the camp site all weekend... Don't want to chance adding unnecessary damage to it...
Old 12-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #38

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm going to try and bring a air compressor this trip to make things easier and so no one has to worry about airing down. I can throw a jack and a impact in there too.
I'll have mine, the one that runs off the 12V outlet, as well.

Also, I talked to my uncle, he just bought a new Jeep and might come test it out.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #39

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lol. Damn straight. If Wes can make it up there's no reason I can't... It might be the only trail I take the demon on that weekend but I'm gonna do it. If its wet the demon will have to sit at the camp site all weekend... Don't want to chance adding unnecessary damage to it...
This. I really want to try it in the 4Runner but I can't afford that kind of body damage. I'm OK with scratches and scrapes but i don't want a smashed rear window and need a new door....
Old 12-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #40
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Im in for next year