Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Stick Man humping avatar

View Poll Results: Do I get rid of my Avatar?
Yes Delete him now, it offends me 2 7.69%
No keep him, its freedom of speech and awesome at that. 16 61.54%
I should follow the forum rules even if I don't agree with them. 8 30.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 05:53 AM   #1
Attack Life.
mpreiss is a jewel in the roughmpreiss is a jewel in the roughmpreiss is a jewel in the rough

mpreiss's Tacoma Gallery
Stick Man humping avatar

So they closed my other thread out, but Pat's taco gave me this Idea. What do you guys think. Lose my little humping guy to the words (your mom) or keep him.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:32 AM   #2
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
I don't really understand the importance of it. Why make a nuisance of yourself over something so trivial?

Old 12-18-2008, 06:49 AM   #3
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Since you asked

I didn't vote in your poll, I turn avatars off and that wasn't a poll choice.
When I joined the forum I chose to go by the agreement stated for using tacomaworld. Maybe the other thread being closed may have been a gentle reminder? Not trying to stir the pot or be rude, just asking?

Old 12-18-2008, 06:59 AM   #4
Attack Life.
mpreiss is a jewel in the roughmpreiss is a jewel in the roughmpreiss is a jewel in the rough

mpreiss's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xedge View Post
I didn't vote in your poll, I turn avatars off and that wasn't a poll choice.
When I joined the forum I chose to go by the agreement stated for using tacomaworld. Maybe the other thread being closed may have been a gentle reminder? Not trying to stir the pot or be rude, just asking?
Yep, You're right it was just the way that a certain moderator handled things. It's not a big deal at all. But i thought i would open it up. For the record you weren't rude or stirring the pot. thanks for the advice.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:23 AM   #5
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I right-click/Saved that puppy as soon as I saw it.

Some people don't take kindly to mom jokes, which is a shame because I'd really like to tell everyone about how your mom is so fat that she jumped for joy and got stuck.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:26 AM   #6
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone is curious about the other thread, please see below

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...ng-avatar.html

Old 12-18-2008, 07:36 AM   #7
DevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant futureDevilsChild has a brilliant future

Name: Kenny
DevilsChild's Tacoma Gallery
I did not vote on this poll because both options dont apply to me.

This is not a matter of freedom of speech or expression. TacomaWorld is a community that thrives on respect for fellow members and for each other. Random "Your Mom" insults are disrespectful, uncouth and lacks civility therefore in my opinion has no place in THIS community where respectable folks come to meet, greet and enrich their intellect.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:45 AM   #8
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
I think that avatar is one of the coolest! If you are offended by the sexual nature of a "stick man" and any "your mom" jokes still haunt you, you need to get tharapy. If this was a sight dedicated to the Yaris or some kind of Mini Van, I can see some people getting bent out of shape, but come one. This is a truck sight, mostly for guys. Guys that work on their trucks, talk about their trucks, love their trucks, and do not have a "gina"!

Old 12-18-2008, 07:50 AM   #9
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearskill View Post
I think that avatar is one of the coolest! If you are offended by the sexual nature of a "stick man" and any "your mom" jokes still haunt you, you need to get tharapy. If this was a sight dedicated to the Yaris or some kind of Mini Van, I can see some people getting bent out of shape, but come one. This is a truck sight, mostly for guys. Guys that work on their trucks, talk about their trucks, love their trucks, and do not have a "gina"!

word to not having a gina

Old 12-18-2008, 07:51 AM   #10
Attack Life.

mpreiss's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, someone created another question in my poll without me even knowing it. Exactly what is the rule that is being charaged?

Old 12-18-2008, 07:56 AM   #11
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Bats! Everywhere~!

Old 12-18-2008, 08:03 AM   #12
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
If a Moderator asked you to delete than I would. Trust me, I had to get rid of mine also. If a Mod didn't ask than just read the rules and follow your conscience.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:05 AM   #13
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearskill View Post
I have to say, I found the avatar offensive. Yes, this is a truck site and most of the members are male, but there are some of us females here too and we like our trucks, like to talk about our trucks, and get advice about various topics too. There are a lot of sexy avatars here that I don't find offensive at all, but I think that one crossed the line.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:07 AM   #14
Attack Life.

mpreiss's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman125fw View Post
If a Moderator asked you to delete than I would. Trust me, I had to get rid of mine also. If a Mod didn't ask than just read the rules and follow your conscience.
Of course, He asked and I changed it but he gave me a neg rep in the process (which isn't a big deal) but he didn't even give me a chance. it's gone already. I've seen way worse then mine but i would much rather still be a member of the site too so i did what he asked.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:08 AM   #15
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I'm older and dont' find the same humor in a lot of things that people post here (or avatars). There are a lot of avatars & posts on this forum that I find inappropriate but I don't complain about them. I just ignore it.

To me - it's on a different maturity level and just doesn't promote the forum in a positive manner.

The forum has its own culture. It has its own set of rules.
Plain & simple - follow forum rules and get over it.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:10 AM   #16
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
There are a lot of sexy avatars here that I don't find offensive at all
Like my Milli Vanilli avatar! I know ya'll are looking at those hunks.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:14 AM   #17
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Like my Milli Vanilli avatar! I know ya'll are looking at those hunks.
Busted!

Old 12-18-2008, 08:15 AM   #18
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
I have to say, I found the avatar offensive. Yes, this is a truck site and most of the members are male, but there are some of us females here too and we like our trucks, like to talk about our trucks, and get advice about various topics too. There are a lot of sexy avatars here that I don't find offensive at all, but I think that one crossed the line.
Exactly!!

There are a lot of threads that are provocative in nature. No biggie. I just ignore 'em. I don't care and I don't complain.

I don't wanna see this forum turn into an R-rated feature flick either.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:16 AM   #19
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yep............i have had 3 different avatars in the past that i have deleted cause they were "offensive" in some way.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:24 AM   #20
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpreiss View Post
...but he gave me a neg rep in the process (which isn't a big deal) but he didn't even give me a chance.
I just checked your reps and TheMaster has not given you any rep. Why would you lie about something like that?

I gave you negative rep when you started your last thread blaming TheMaster for having to change the avatar. To clarify, my rep was in response to blaming a moderator, not your avatar.

Closed Thread