Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > Other Builds

Notices

93 [22R-E] 4x4 *Mostly PICS* Build

Old 03-27-2013, 12:33 AM   #141
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know why I haven't subbed to this yet. How is the retrofit coming? I have been doing some heavy research into doing this to my truck, and my Metro.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:53 AM   #142
Dr. Frankenstien, in surgery
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
It's all about keeping it simple and functional. If it doesn't serve a purpose or makes me stand out I don't want one. I really like your truck. Did you end up going OME? I'd love a first gen 4 banger. Or a 4Runner so when I vehicle camp/expedition I can climb from the bed to the driver seat if need be. When I sleep in the bed I always think, man, someone is going to do something crazy and I'm a sitting duck. That's why my Kimber is at my side
Pfffff

Go big or go home get crazy!!

Jk

I'm subbing to this shit...

I'm watching you....
Old 03-27-2013, 07:22 AM   #143
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope953 View Post
I don't know why I haven't subbed to this yet. How is the retrofit coming? I have been doing some heavy research into doing this to my truck, and my Metro.
What sucks is the housings are cheapo plastic and you can't just bake em apart as easily as newer parts. I cracked a few headlight housings and lenses before deciding to get some help ha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Pfffff

Go big or go home get crazy!!

Jk

I'm subbing to this shit...

I'm watching you....
Watch all you want, I just bought new camera gear and bought a plane ticket for Jerusalem this Summer and have camping trips already planned before and after. . . and work to do back in the Dakotas in between. What it is now, you're looking at it ha.

Except Jerry is about done with my sliders and the headlights, uh, idk but maybe soon . . .
Old 03-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #144
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you get your headlights? The cheapies on ebay? Cause that's what I was thinking of doing was getting the ones that are like $30 on ebay.

Did you ever try a heat gun rather than baking them?
Old 03-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #145
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I ordered some Anzo ones and they sucked, super cheapo. I'm on Vision X ones now. I have a guy cutting them open and doing it for me, I got so bloody tired of it . . . and I have a tiny apartment, limited space and time so said screw it. It became worth it to me to hand em off since I already had all the parts needed.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #146
That's a fact Jack!

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I ordered some Anzo ones and they sucked, super cheapo. I'm on Vision X ones now. I have a guy cutting them open and doing it for me, I got so bloody tired of it . . . and I have a tiny apartment, limited space and time so said screw it. It became worth it to me to hand em off since I already had all the parts needed.
I hear ya. I have watched so many videos on it, and it looks too easy to be true. I figure it would be harder than it looked. Which projectors did you go with?
Old 03-27-2013, 11:44 AM   #147

D2S, didn't have much room to work with for the FXRs
Old 03-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #148
That's a fact Jack!

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
About how big are they? I see they are 2.5". I really wanna do it to my truck too, but If I do it, I'm going to do it to my Metro first and the headlights in it are only 4x6" and I really don't know how much room I'll have in those, I don't even 100% know if it will work or not.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #149

TRS has a new "matchbox" kit that will fit for sure if you don't want to do the minis.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #150
That's a fact Jack!

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
TRS has a new "matchbox" kit that will fit for sure if you don't want to do the minis.
Awesome, thanks for the info. I have browsed their site a lot and have never seen those. Those will work for sure. I think retrofits will look badass on this

Old 03-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #151

Nice gas saver ha
Old 03-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #152
That's a fact Jack!

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice gas saver ha
Thanks man, it's great to have it with the way gas prices are.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #153

That's why I kept my Yamaha XT225. I can pull 70+ mpg in the Summer if I don't romp on it (which is rare ha).

Winter though, I'm stuck to the Pickup or borrowing my brother's 2003 Subaru Forester (I love that thing).
Old 04-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #154

What do you think of my truck being painted VW brown? and black accents of course

Toffee Brown Metallic (4Q4Q) = LH8Z
Attached Thumbnails
93 [22R-E] 4x4 *Mostly PICS* Build-1-2012_volkswagen_jetta_tdi_front_quarter1.jpg  
Old 04-03-2013, 05:25 PM   #156
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
No... Your current color looks great in my opinion! If you ever repaint just get a fresh coat of the same!
Old 04-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #157

Paint is the least of my worries . . . my To Do list is stagnant as is. I just saw a Jetta today and I've always thought an early Pickup would look sweet in brown, like the full size Fords kind of
Old 04-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #158

I'm day dreaming about too many projects, and only own two of them haha

1993 Toyota Pickup (check)
2008 Subaru Forester (well my brother has an 03 I co-signed for ha)
2003 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI (nope)
198x Yamaha XS650 bobber (nope)
2006 Yamaha XT225 (check and converting it to a mini-motard for commuting)

Also just dropped more money on my new photography hobby, which I never thought would have gotten just about as expensive as my truck!

And just blew a bunch of money on an overseas trip for the Summer . . .

I need to focus here . . .

Anyone else having this issue?
Old 04-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #160

This is what I hope to be working on this Summer

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/mot...owd-xt225.html