1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

need more power

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by LBFD2005, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Aug 9, 2012 at 11:44 AM
    LBFD2005

LBFD2005 [OP] Its tha Southern Way

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    MS
    Vehicle:
    11' Trd 4x4 6" pro comp
    procomp 6'' catback dual exhaust flowmaster 44 series
    looking into more power for the 4.0 but not wanting a turbo or supercharger. what mods besides exhaust air intake and headers are there to get lil more power.

2. Aug 9, 2012 at 11:48 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    How much are you looking to spend?

There are lighter pullies, intake manifold spacers, lighter flywheels, engine tuners (URD makes a good one now that the APR-X1 is no longer available), different cam shafts, custom intake manifolds, etc. Just depends on how deep your pockets are. :cool:

$/hp, I think you'll find that a supercharger is more cost effective. That being said, a lot of the stuff I mentioned above can be used with a blower if you ever decide you want to go that route.

3. Aug 10, 2012 at 8:06 AM
    Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    The Great America!
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] Haltech Elite 2500 [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 160* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Walbro 460 LPH E85 Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
  4. Aug 10, 2012 at 10:12 AM
    LBFD2005

LBFD2005 [OP] Its tha Southern Way

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    MS
    Vehicle:
    11' Trd 4x4 6" pro comp
    procomp 6'' catback dual exhaust flowmaster 44 series
    thanks for the input an im not looking for v8 power just looking to get the best bang for buck out of the v6 without spending thousands of $$

5. Aug 18, 2012 at 7:03 AM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    I have spent well over a grand for just about every NA mod possible for my truck, and I will be honest and say that it doesn't feel a whole hell of a lot faster unfortunately. Better top end, but definitely noticeably less power down low. If I were to do it again I would just drop the coin for the S/C and then spend this money for supporting mods after the big things are done. Take the money and put it into a savings account or invest it towards a S/C. I have seen used ones go for around $2300 and I know I have to be pretty close to that with all of my "power" mods. I'm positive that I have nowhere near the power of a boosted truck. Oh well, live and learn I suppose :rolleyes:

Products Discussed in

To Top