Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

2012 TRD Supercharger - Dyno after install vs Dyno after some miles

Old 10-14-2012, 12:26 AM   #1
Commanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really nice
Commanderwiggin's Tacoma Gallery
Talking 2012 TRD Supercharger - Dyno after install vs Dyno after some miles

I originally had my supercharger installed in the middle of summer and literally the day after my supercharger was installed I took it over to the dyno. It was hot, humid and numbers were a little lower than I expected.

Today I did another dyno to compare...same fuel, no different mods, same dyno...only thing different is less humid and 15 degrees cooler. Keep in mind both these graphs are in SAE so WinPep automatically calibrates for SAE to keep the numbers realistic based on temp/humidity conditions so we can cancel those factors out. 6000km on the truck with the supercharger is the main difference.

Results: Pretty much made another 20hp & 20tq throughout the majority of the powerband. I noticed this power increase about 2000km after the initial install...all of a sudden it started to wake up a bit more.

Old 10-14-2012, 01:07 AM   #2
NWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWTacoGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: James
NWTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Heat is definitely a killer for anything force fed!!

Looks good!!
Old 10-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #4
Commanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really niceCommanderwiggin is just really nice
Still factory intake with carbon element removed. I plan to put a y-pipe and pulley soon. The dyno numbers automatically calibrate for the difference in air temp to keep the numbers relative...the initial graph was alot lower if I change to uncorrected settings. Note the SAE setting in the top to keep things relative. Regardless of whether 2000km or 500km or w/e it took the stock ecu to adjust fuel trims and what not to get a feel for the new power...I noticed it after a while of driving and this just goes to show that it woke up after some time
Old 10-15-2012, 02:22 PM   #7
See my build thread

EDIT...I'll post up a fresh comparison graph soon seeing as it's been a while since I've updated my build thread
Old 10-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #9

Stock vs. Supercharged...same dyno
Old 10-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #10
jarhead0313 is on a distinguished road
Marines: 3rd LAR 0313
jarhead0313's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! Nice #'s. Next week my rig will get tuned. We will see if unichip is worth it.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #11
brianv3ntura is on a distinguished road
brianv3ntura's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm I always wondered what the TRD SC gains were,but never took the initiative to actually search for it.

Hmmm,it doesn't look worth it to me IMO.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:24 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianv3ntura View Post
Hmm I always wondered what the TRD SC gains were,but never took the initiative to actually search for it.

Hmmm,it doesn't look worth it to me IMO.
It adds a fair amount of reliable, warrantied power...definitely worth it as my daily driver..a 30% increase in Power and Torque for 4K...thats half the $/HP ratio of a new Tacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Which mods are next on the list Commanderwiggin?
Pulley and Y-Pipe...whenever gadget finishes the new batch of OEM looking ones.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #15
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Video or it never happened!
Old 10-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
Video or it never happened!
@2:10 :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ObURvPN_9lo
Old 10-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #17
WESLEY KAY has much to be proud ofWESLEY KAY has much to be proud ofWESLEY KAY has much to be proud ofWESLEY KAY has much to be proud ofWESLEY KAY has much to be proud ofWESLEY KAY has much to be proud ofWESLEY KAY has much to be proud ofWESLEY KAY has much to be proud ofWESLEY KAY has much to be proud of
WESLEY KAY's Tacoma Gallery
This is the most helpful thread I have read so far at the forums! Thanks Op!! I am installing a TRD supercharger on my 2012 TRD Sport in November. Just purchased the SC and fit kit. Thanks again!! Wes