1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MOOG Part #K100128 Problem Solver Caster / Camber Cam Bolt Kit

Discussion in 'RockAuto' started by tcBob, Feb 21, 2014.

1. May 1, 2014 at 7:21 AM
    nickonfire700

nickonfire700 Reg. Cab Nation Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    05 Reg Cab SR5 4x4
    Satoshi grill, 3rd Gen TRDOR Bucket Seats, TRD front skid plate, TRD Beadlock Wheels, TRD Exhaust, OEM bed mat, LCE Header, LCE Balance Shaft Delete, ECGS front diff bushing, TRD Sport LSD rear diff, Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport fog lights, Stainless Steel Brake-lines, No A/C with Defrost mod, 2014 OEM Radio, Illuminating 4x4 switch, Various LEDs, UWS Toolbox, Proven Design Products Mudflaps, Bilstein 8112 front Coilovers w/ rear Bilstein 5125's/IronMan lift leaf springs, Archive Garage Hammer Hangers, JBAs HD UCAs, SOS Bolt-On rock sliders, TRD bedside decals, ImMrYo Mirror Bracket, Relocated rear diff breather, 2019 Steering wheel, color matched door handles
    So are there grease fittings on the bolts? Can anyone take a picture, since rockauto does not have pics of the bolts.

2. May 1, 2014 at 7:40 AM
    Agent Smith

Agent Smith Always outnumbered, never outgunned

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Offroad Ivan Stewart Edition
    Toytec lift,FJ Anthracite wheels wrapped in BFG A/T 265/75/16's,WAAG Brush Guard, IPF 868's,sleeved fog lights
    I took pics, 2nd post on this thread. Doesn't really show the grease fitting, but it does show the bolt. Not sure what you want to see, the grease fitting is straight through the bolt head. No angled fitting.

3. May 1, 2014 at 8:54 AM
    nickonfire700

nickonfire700 Reg. Cab Nation Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    05 Reg Cab SR5 4x4
    Satoshi grill, 3rd Gen TRDOR Bucket Seats, TRD front skid plate, TRD Beadlock Wheels, TRD Exhaust, OEM bed mat, LCE Header, LCE Balance Shaft Delete, ECGS front diff bushing, TRD Sport LSD rear diff, Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport fog lights, Stainless Steel Brake-lines, No A/C with Defrost mod, 2014 OEM Radio, Illuminating 4x4 switch, Various LEDs, UWS Toolbox, Proven Design Products Mudflaps, Bilstein 8112 front Coilovers w/ rear Bilstein 5125's/IronMan lift leaf springs, Archive Garage Hammer Hangers, JBAs HD UCAs, SOS Bolt-On rock sliders, TRD bedside decals, ImMrYo Mirror Bracket, Relocated rear diff breather, 2019 Steering wheel, color matched door handles
    Thank you for pointing it out :thumbsup:, I couldn't see the fittings on the bolts as I was on my phone. With a bigger screen, I see where the fitting is.

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  4. May 1, 2014 at 12:03 PM
    nj636

nj636 Hub Master General

Member:
    First Name:
    Kev
    Jersey
    OME lift 4x sliders 4x skids
  5. Jun 2, 2014 at 2:02 PM
    Eldo

Eldo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    TRDoffroad Double Cab
    a few
    an update to this thread:

I ordered 2 kits from RockAuto for my truck to do both lower control arms. I received 1 updated kit, and 1 old kit.

So,.. it looks like they haven't gotten the old stock out of their warehouse (at least in the California warehouse). Now I have to wait for another kit to come by mail. UGH.

updated kit should include:
    - "big" bolt, sleeve, washer 826-4, washer 826-2, and nut
    - "small" bolt, no sleeve, 2 X washers 826-8
    - kit also included the "new" instructions listing all of the proper washer / part #'s and their relative install

my wrong kit included:
    - proper "big" parts
    - incorrect "small side" bolt (too large), a sleeve, and 2 X washers 826-3.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  6. Jun 3, 2014 at 4:21 AM
    nj636

nj636 Hub Master General

Member:
    First Name:
    Kev
    Jersey
    OME lift 4x sliders 4x skids
    so now the verdict is that the parts I posted a picture of are wrong??

7. Jun 3, 2014 at 6:51 AM
    ndcmack

ndcmack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    NICK
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    BSP 4x4 TRD DCSB
    Not enough

Maybe he got one of the 4 returned sets I sent back before I got the correct ones...:rofl:

I'd be surprised if the replacement one ordered arrives wrong

8. Jun 4, 2014 at 8:17 AM
    Eldo

Eldo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    TRDoffroad Double Cab
    a few
    I hope my next kit arrives CORRECT! haha.

As for installing the "wrong" parts,.. I don't think that it's possible. I couldn't install my "small side" parts due to the bolt being too large of a diameter (i received one of the old kits). If your "small side" bolt could fit through the bushing, and the washers were the correct size, you're golden.

Now I just need to keep my fingers crossed on the RockAuto order….:cool:

9. Jul 4, 2014 at 12:47 AM
    TrueNorth

TrueNorth Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    13' V6 4X4 DCSB
    Weather tech floormats and visors, ImMrYo rear-view mirror bracket Cooper ST Maxx 255/85/16 On stock TRD alloys. OME 887's w/NitroCharger sports, LR uca's, Toytech sway bar relocate, Dakar leaf's modified with some 1/8" UHMW liner strips. SuperBumps front and back.
    :spy: for some results.

10. Jul 4, 2014 at 8:09 AM
    Eldo

Eldo Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    TRDoffroad Double Cab
    a few
    Rock Auto shipped out a replacement kit with the correct parts.

All is assembled and now good to go. No issues with installation.
    It's funny (dumb) how toyota has made an alignment bolt system that is so complicated / expensive. Lots of parts in the design that don't need to be there (IMO).
    The MOOG design is more simple, and seems like it's built to last.

11. Jul 4, 2014 at 8:16 AM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
  12. Jul 4, 2014 at 8:26 AM
    Agent Smith

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Toytec lift,FJ Anthracite wheels wrapped in BFG A/T 265/75/16's,WAAG Brush Guard, IPF 868's,sleeved fog lights
    It's going on three months since I installed new OEM LCA's and these bolts. The nuts just needed a minor re-torque, along with all the other ones replaced while doing shocks/springs. Truck still tracks straight and true, so no worries there.

13. Jul 5, 2014 at 12:42 PM
    TrueNorth

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    13' V6 4X4 DCSB
    Weather tech floormats and visors, ImMrYo rear-view mirror bracket Cooper ST Maxx 255/85/16 On stock TRD alloys. OME 887's w/NitroCharger sports, LR uca's, Toytech sway bar relocate, Dakar leaf's modified with some 1/8" UHMW liner strips. SuperBumps front and back.
    Good to hear. I'm thinking about getting some new bolts with the grease fittings. My alignment guy said mine are already practically seized, after 4500 miles. I think the bolts would come out though with some penates not and some persuasion. So am I on the right track here if I just do the bolts?

14. Jul 5, 2014 at 4:09 PM
    TrueNorth

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    13' V6 4X4 DCSB
    ^Ah. Thanks. It seemed like that inner sleeve would be the source of the problem. I'm new to front end parts, so there's gonna be a learning curve and I haven't taken mine apart yet to wrap my brain around how it works.
    The part pictured above is the cam and the bolt? If so is fixing this problem a matter of getting mine out so that the inner OEM sleeve is empty and putting in the greasable replacement.

15. Jul 5, 2014 at 4:13 PM
    BostonBilly

BostonBilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Easton
    Vehicle:
    2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
    Sub so I can save some $$

16. Jul 5, 2014 at 5:56 PM
    Agent Smith

Member:
    Vehicle:
    The sleeve is part of the problem, but the actual bolts as they pass through the bushings are the real problem. The bolt seizes inside the bushing, to the metal inside there. You can beat it, you can spray penetrating oil on it, it won't help if its all the way seized.

At 4500 miles, you should be able to remove your bolts, including the sleeve, without alot of fuss. Try nine years of salty humid goodness. The only way is to cut the bolts out, and they are hardened steel.

Then replace with the Moog parts, grease 'em up until they start squirting out the other end and just keep up with it as normal maintenance.

17. Jul 6, 2014 at 12:15 PM
    TrueNorth

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    13' V6 4X4 DCSB
    That's exactly what I was thinking. I was just making sure that there wasn't some other part that I needed to get. I think mine should come out. Shame on toyota for doing this. Thanks guys. I'm going to order the part.

18. Jul 29, 2014 at 5:37 PM
    billyrayaf

billyrayaf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    billy
    waynesville,nc
    Vehicle:
    silver 09 SR5
    6in tuff country, 3.0 king coilovers, crown 7+ brake lines,LR UCA
    Just received these in the mail and had faith in moog. well... their piles of shit and I will never use them again. the rear went in fine and threaded with ease. went to do the front and nut just did not want to thread without breaking a sweat. the washer slipped in the groove and stripped immediately. im just going with OEM im sick of aftermarket shit and this damn truck.

19. Jul 29, 2014 at 6:00 PM
    billyrayaf

Member:
    First Name:
    billy
    waynesville,nc
    Vehicle:
    silver 09 SR5
    I was cleaning up the cross members and when I pulled the stock bolts out I noticed one side stripped so I replaced them with these. the front bolt would thread on till the outside edge of the nut then would get tight. so I put the bolt in a vice and tested to see if I was stripping it. it went on fine but was being a bitch. so I tried it again on the truck and that's when the washer slipping in the groove and the bolt spun and stripped the hole in the washer.

20. Jul 30, 2014 at 8:24 AM
    billyrayaf

Member:
    First Name:
    billy
    waynesville,nc
    Vehicle:
    silver 09 SR5
    crossmember? really? I ordered more bolts so well see how these do.

To Top