Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > RockAuto

Notices

MOOG Part #K100128 Problem Solver Caster / Camber Cam Bolt Kit

Old 04-08-2014, 12:46 PM   #41
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Those are new instructions, mine didn't reference the new bolts, 826-8, that were in the kit. I also had no 826-2, I made do with 826-3, it fit so I assume they are the same diameter to fit in the alignment tabs.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:00 PM   #42
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Both of my kits had the old, incorrect instructions, but it wasn't hard to figure out.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:27 PM   #43
CollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
CollegeKevin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
Those are new instructions, mine didn't reference the new bolts, 826-8, that were in the kit. I also had no 826-2, I made do with 826-3, it fit so I assume they are the same diameter to fit in the alignment tabs.
So its safe to say that 826-2 , 826-4 , 826-8 & 826-8 are correct... If not I will just have to shim the tabs a little to make them fit snug.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:14 PM   #44
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Kevin View Post
So its safe to say that 826-2 , 826-4 , 826-8 & 826-8 are correct... If not I will just have to shim the tabs a little to make them fit snug.
You're good to go
Old 04-22-2014, 03:45 PM   #45
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
so what's the verdict?

Old 04-22-2014, 04:07 PM   #46
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

The updated kits with correct parts worked fine for me. The instruction sheet was for the old bolts, but it's easy to see what goes where. By now, I hope most of the old kits and old sheets are out of the supply chain.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:59 PM   #47
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nj636's Tacoma Gallery
so confirmed that the 826-2 / 826-3 & 826-8 works?
Old 04-22-2014, 05:06 PM   #48
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
anyone put these through their paces yet?

I'm still worried about hollow bolts. Never seen any good come of them on the trails when used in shackles. Always seem to break at the worst times.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:14 PM   #49
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I will also be a guinea pig here, will report back.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:19 PM   #50
Backdoor Commentator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj636 View Post
so confirmed that the 826-2 / 826-3 & 826-8 works?
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
anyone put these through their paces yet?

I'm still worried about hollow bolts. Never seen any good come of them on the trails when used in shackles. Always seem to break at the worst times.
I think you'd do other damage before breaking one of these, but that is a concern. I haven't beat on them, but the grease way is very small, and only on the head end of the bolt. MOOG has been at this long enough that I have faith that they got it right.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:29 PM   #51
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Yes.

I think you'd do other damage before breaking one of these, but that is a concern. I haven't beat on them, but the grease way is very small, and only on the head end of the bolt. MOOG has been at this long enough that I have faith that they got it right.
I don't know... they didn't even check both ends before shipping this kit out... haha
Old 04-22-2014, 05:33 PM   #52
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes.

Seeing the pics I'm hesitant....if I saw them in person it might curb my fears.

Maybe Ill just wait and see how they treat everyone. My OE bolts/bushings only have 2-3k on them max.

Moogs ability to even package them correctly makes me suspicious of their practices. If it wasn't for that I would of drank the cool aid months ago.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:36 PM   #53
Backdoor Commentator

I'm keeping the OE parts in my gear bag. I don't run my truck nearly as hard as some, but having one fail would be Very Bad.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:40 PM   #54
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm keeping the OE parts in my gear bag. I don't run my truck nearly as hard as some, but having one fail would be Very Bad.

lucky guy

edit: arghhh pos pic won't link
Old 05-01-2014, 08:21 AM   #55
Reg. Cab Nation Member
nickonfire700 is just really nicenickonfire700 is just really nicenickonfire700 is just really nicenickonfire700 is just really nice

Name: Nick
nickonfire700's Tacoma Gallery
So are there grease fittings on the bolts? Can anyone take a picture, since rockauto does not have pics of the bolts.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:40 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickonfire700 View Post
So are there grease fittings on the bolts? Can anyone take a picture, since rockauto does not have pics of the bolts.
I took pics, 2nd post on this thread. Doesn't really show the grease fitting, but it does show the bolt. Not sure what you want to see, the grease fitting is straight through the bolt head. No angled fitting.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:54 AM   #57
Reg. Cab Nation Member
nickonfire700 is just really nicenickonfire700 is just really nicenickonfire700 is just really nicenickonfire700 is just really nice

Name: Nick
nickonfire700's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
I took pics, 2nd post on this thread. Doesn't really show the grease fitting, but it does show the bolt. Not sure what you want to see, the grease fitting is straight through the bolt head. No angled fitting.
Thank you for pointing it out , I couldn't see the fittings on the bolts as I was on my phone. With a bigger screen, I see where the fitting is.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:03 PM   #58
Hub Master General

nj636's Tacoma Gallery
scroll down on Dyob's first post

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ml#post3691528

edit:
Old 06-02-2014, 03:02 PM   #59
Eldo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEldo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEldo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEldo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEldo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEldo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEldo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEldo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEldo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEldo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEldo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Elliott
Eldo's Tacoma Gallery
an update to this thread:

I ordered 2 kits from RockAuto for my truck to do both lower control arms. I received 1 updated kit, and 1 old kit.

So,.. it looks like they haven't gotten the old stock out of their warehouse (at least in the California warehouse). Now I have to wait for another kit to come by mail. UGH.

updated kit should include:
- "big" bolt, sleeve, washer 826-4, washer 826-2, and nut
- "small" bolt, no sleeve, 2 X washers 826-8
- kit also included the "new" instructions listing all of the proper washer / part #'s and their relative install

my wrong kit included:
- proper "big" parts
- incorrect "small side" bolt (too large), a sleeve, and 2 X washers 826-3.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:44 PM   #60
Backdoor Commentator

Well, that sucks. Thanks for the update.