1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Official Tennessee Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by Gr8WhiteTaco, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Feb 28, 2015 at 7:54 PM
    11TRDTX

11TRDTX bruh

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD TX 4x4 MGM DCSB
    Lift, 285's, mud, and scratches
    Ha. I think it's only about $70,000. Percs of working on them is I get to drive them. I live vicariously through those who own them.

2. Feb 28, 2015 at 8:25 PM
    lowinhz

lowinhz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Papa Kurt
    Dandridge Tn
    Vehicle:
    11 DC SB 4x4 v6
    Billies@ 2.5, 2inch blocks, front hitch, xrc 8k winch on portable mount, 10 sub behind seat, Memphis amp, pioneer touch radio, cobra cb, 235/85/r16 duratracs with black rims, high lift jack, tint, remote start alarm, hella 500 lights, 59" curve led bar, snorkel, expo trailer with rat, car seat
    Haha I live with that tone all the time.

3. Feb 28, 2015 at 9:34 PM
    Newlife

Newlife Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2020 t4r orp
    Bone f’n stock for now
    Camper is all good to go. I am gonna have to start taking pics of how everything goes before I assemble it.

4. Feb 28, 2015 at 10:10 PM
    totmacher

totmacher automotive hypochondriac

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    TN (memphis-ish)
    Vehicle:
    4Runner, Tundra
    Cut & broke off some stuff.
    lol, yeah, it must be in the chromosomes or something that all women can deal with men that way. My 3 year old girl can already give me that "you're a moron" glare.

price aside, wife gave me the tone this time mainly because she knows that I know she doesn't like BMWs.
    We test drove a 3-series a while back before having kids and I remember her saying "well, it's no Lexus and the seat is uncomfortable anyway".
    She's always been a Toyota/Lexus girl. Although I did persuade her to get a Subaru Legacy once and she agrees it was much better than a Camry. We still miss that car but it wouldn't fit baby seats well enough.

5. Feb 28, 2015 at 10:31 PM
    Kerleyfries

Kerleyfries Idk what the hell I'm doing

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Lebanon
    Vehicle:
    ‘17 F150 and SAS ‘98 4runner
    Got my CB in, and a fresh set of factory UCA's to bide my time until I buy aftermarket ones. I seriously would be fucked without Adam. lol

6. Mar 1, 2015 at 6:17 AM
    TuFerLife

TuFerLife 2 4 LIFE!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Chattanooga, TN
    Vehicle:
    2011 Ford Raptor (I'm a traitor)
    How'd you fix your chirp? Mine is about to drive me insane!!!

I'm sure I could just buy the $40 one off eBay, but I know that's not the corrected part and will probsbly end up happening again...

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  7. Mar 1, 2015 at 2:32 PM
    allmotorrex

allmotorrex Grove St. Fab

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    NWF crawlbox, 5.29s, rear Detriot, front Harrop, 37" SXIIs, 17x9" KMC Grenade Crawl beadlocks, Dirt King 3.5" LT kit with King shocks, Fox 12" smooth body RR, BAMF shock kit, AP 3" springs, ext. brake lines, custom 1 piece driveshaft with .135 wall tubeing, GSF front rock crawling bumper, GSF rear bumper, Relentless Fab ifs skid, BAMF k/o sliders, X2O 10K comp. winch, TP glass fenders, OKled 20"bar, EBS dimpled/slotted rotors, EBS green pads, custom K&N CAI, LCE headers, FM Super 44 w/h turn down, URD MAF, Spec clutch, LCE heavy flywheel, URD short shifter, TMPer M1 Abrams shift knob, Amsoil oil, Cobra 75wxst w/h 4' firestix, Grillcraft, FXR TRS, T1 eyelids, custom ADV Monster 60 lights, bed lights, speedo light mod, Glow Shift volt/oil pres gauges, Glow shift 2g column pod, Optima yellow tops dual battery setup w/h IBS system, Pioneer DEH-P7200HD head unit, Pioneer 600W 4ch & 350w 2ch amps for doors and sub, Wet Oakle covers
    I don't see it that way. That's like saying any kinda metal for sliders is ok. If you make some sliders out of sheer metal and first rock you hit it smashes the metal up into your door, now not only can you not get out of your truck but you also need a new door, straighten out your cab, cut your sheet metal sliders off your truck and spend the money and time to make new ones. This applies to skids. The worse thing you could do is smash your sheet metal skid up around whatever it's protecting and still have fucked that part up.

8. Mar 1, 2015 at 2:34 PM
    allmotorrex

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    NWF crawlbox, 5.29s, rear Detriot, front Harrop, 37" SXIIs, 17x9" KMC Grenade Crawl beadlocks, Dirt King 3.5" LT kit with King shocks, Fox 12" smooth body RR, BAMF shock kit, AP 3" springs, ext. brake lines, custom 1 piece driveshaft with .135 wall tubeing, GSF front rock crawling bumper, GSF rear bumper, Relentless Fab ifs skid, BAMF k/o sliders, X2O 10K comp. winch, TP glass fenders, OKled 20"bar, EBS dimpled/slotted rotors, EBS green pads, custom K&N CAI, LCE headers, FM Super 44 w/h turn down, URD MAF, Spec clutch, LCE heavy flywheel, URD short shifter, TMPer M1 Abrams shift knob, Amsoil oil, Cobra 75wxst w/h 4' firestix, Grillcraft, FXR TRS, T1 eyelids, custom ADV Monster 60 lights, bed lights, speedo light mod, Glow Shift volt/oil pres gauges, Glow shift 2g column pod, Optima yellow tops dual battery setup w/h IBS system, Pioneer DEH-P7200HD head unit, Pioneer 600W 4ch & 350w 2ch amps for doors and sub, Wet Oakle covers
    You shoulda stayed longer :D
    Haha yeah I bet. That was a fucking tree you brought. Mike I got plenty of wood to throw in your bed

9. Mar 1, 2015 at 3:30 PM
    11TRDTX

11TRDTX bruh

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD TX 4x4 MGM DCSB
    I have about the same amount you had originally. I'll pack your bed real tight first and then I'll fit the rest in mine.

10. Mar 1, 2015 at 6:06 PM
    totmacher

totmacher automotive hypochondriac

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    TN (memphis-ish)
    Vehicle:
    4Runner, Tundra
    Cut & broke off some stuff.
    Not sure how long it'll last but it was free and only took about 20 minutes.

in the truck:
    Unplug wire from blower under dash. Unclip the plastic clip holding wires to blower. Remove 3 small bolts/screws. Wiggle the base and the assembly will drop out.

on the blower assembly once out of the truck:
    Fan is a press fit on the shaft. I put a metal ruler under opposite sides of the fan and pried up evenly to encourage the fan off the shaft without side loading the shaft. Don't want to bend the shaft. Then 4 screws on the other side to take off the plastic cover. Then 2 more screws to remove motor cover. When you slide out the commutator, be aware that the contacts are spring loaded and the springs can shoot free if you aren't careful. Then you just have to be stronger than the magnets to get the main piece out of the housing. Clean out all the copper shavings dust then very lightly grease the bearings surfaces on the shaft. You don't want much grease because you don't want it melting to oil and slinging out in the summer. Reassemble, make sure it still spins freely enough, then re-install to the truck.

Same basic instructions but with pictures and stuff here:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/28355-blower-motor-squeek-chirp-low-fix.html

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  11. Mar 2, 2015 at 7:41 AM
    allmotorrex

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    So I changed my driver hub last night (bad wheel bearing) and now my brake pedal is mushy and front brakes barely work. Pretty sure my caliper is junk. About a year ago, I changed that hub and found the stock caliper locked up so I went to AutoZone and picked up one for like $40. Pretty sure I'm about to do that again. Haha I don't know what else it would be.

12. Mar 2, 2015 at 8:18 AM
    Robertocritser

Robertocritser Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Levi
    KY
    Vehicle:
    08 sport
    ATM6969420 series
    I'm in the same boat... I just don't think it's been bad enough to change them yet

13. Mar 2, 2015 at 8:35 AM
    11TRDTX

11TRDTX bruh

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Memphis, TN
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD TX 4x4 MGM DCSB
    try bleeding the caliper

14. Mar 2, 2015 at 10:24 AM
    allmotorrex

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    Well from my experience, you don't really know a caliper is locked up until you try it reinstall it and compress the pistons and they break your c-clamp. Lol
    I was gonna do that last night but needed someone else's foot. Bleeding it wouldn't unlock it though. Or would it? I've never tried that. I've always just changed it

15. Mar 2, 2015 at 10:28 AM
    UNDEAD1153

UNDEAD1153 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Weston
    Chattanooga Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    White 2011 TX Pro Double Cab
    Rough Country 6" lift, 17" XD Addicts, 315/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers, 6K HID's, Wet Okole's, Kenwood DD head unit, Custom Exhaust
    We bleed ours from time to time. I'm sure someone will be able to help you out. But if you do end up needing a new caliper, it should have a warranty on it.

16. Mar 2, 2015 at 10:38 AM
    allmotorrex

Member:
    First Name:
    Gideon
    Memphis 901
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4wd 2.7
    If I change it then it will need to be bled anyway. If it's free then I'll drive up there and exchange it. I don't know auto zones warranty info but either way I need brakes before Thursday morning so I'll have it fixed tonight

17. Mar 2, 2015 at 10:54 AM
    UNDEAD1153

UNDEAD1153 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Weston
    Chattanooga Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    White 2011 TX Pro Double Cab
    Rough Country 6" lift, 17" XD Addicts, 315/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers, 6K HID's, Wet Okole's, Kenwood DD head unit, Custom Exhaust
    Take the part with you and it should be covered under warranty. I think just about everything has at least a 1year warranty.

18. Mar 2, 2015 at 11:48 AM
    Newlife

Newlife Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2020 t4r orp
    Bone f’n stock for now
    I think they have a lifetime on calipers.

19. Mar 2, 2015 at 7:46 PM
    TuFerLife

TuFerLife 2 4 LIFE!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Chattanooga, TN
    Vehicle:
    2011 Ford Raptor (I'm a traitor)
    Thanks for the write up... I'll try and give it a try on my next off day and I'll report back with my outcome...

20. Mar 3, 2015 at 11:49 AM
    Kerleyfries

Kerleyfries Idk what the hell I'm doing

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Lebanon
    Vehicle:
    ‘17 F150 and SAS ‘98 4runner
    So, I'm thinking about getting an Ultragauge here in a month or so. Should I get the mx1.3 or just the EM plus? I read on them and don't understand the difference.

Products Discussed in

To Top