Tacoma Moab Gathering 2013

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > South West

Notices

Colorado Trip Reports

Old 07-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #301
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
The bewbs or the job?
( O ) Y ( O ) then job haha
Old 07-16-2013, 09:28 AM   #302
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
( O ) Y ( O ) then job haha
You've been seeing some weird text bewbs buddy. lol

True story: My wireless SSID that all my neighbors can see is: ( . )( . )Bewbs

I have another one that says: ShutYourThreeDogsTheFuckUp

And a third that is: FBISurveillanceVan#43

Old 07-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #303
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
You've been seeing some weird text bewbs buddy. lol

True story: My wireless SSID that all my neighbors can see is: ( . )( . )Bewbs

I have another one that says: ShutYourThreeDogsTheFuckUp

And a third that is: FBISurveillanceVan#43

It's just how I do my 'bewbs'
Old 07-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #305
Dillard has a spectacular aura aboutDillard has a spectacular aura aboutDillard has a spectacular aura about
Name: Dillard
Dillard's Tacoma Gallery
Went back to McClellan mountain last week and got to the top this time. Even managed the creek crossings in my stock TRD OR.

Our camp spot by the creek.

Heading up, a little water in the trail.

Clouds rolling over the peaks.

The taco at 13,500 ft. on top of McClellan.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #306
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet man, that's looks awesome.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #308
Dillard has a spectacular aura aboutDillard has a spectacular aura aboutDillard has a spectacular aura about
Name: Dillard
Dillard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS78 View Post
Dillard, have you done the rear diff breather mod yet?
Nope, didn't know such a thing existed... I will look it up now though, thanks!
Old 07-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #310
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
It's easy and and a kinda fun mod. Fun because you can't really fuck anything up as long as you don't cross thread the new fitting into the diff cover. I ran mine into the drivers side rear cubby.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #311
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teamhypoxia's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know the thread size and pitch on the breather? If it's a standard size, maybe one could get a fitting at the hardware store? Also, I don't see the point of putting another one-way valve in there, maybe something like a filter stone or something?
Old 07-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #312
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamhypoxia View Post
Anyone know the thread size and pitch on the breather? If it's a standard size, maybe one could get a fitting at the hardware store? Also, I don't see the point of putting another one-way valve in there, maybe something like a filter stone or something?
Here is the thread.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ee-mods-3.html
Old 07-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #313
Taco Noob
joelt has a spectacular aura aboutjoelt has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Joey
joelt's Tacoma Gallery
Heading down to Telluride this weekend! With quite a bit of rain in the forecast, we may be limited to our expeditions. Are there any trails out there that don't have ridiculous shelf roads? I've read some reports and have seen some photos, and it seems like Last Dollar and Alta Lakes may not be too bad in the wet. However, I've also read some reports that Last Dollar may be impassable in heavy rain...and that the clay is like grease if it rains.

I'm no fan of high shelf roads in dry weather, which is pretty contradictory to even going to Telluride. My brother-in-law wants to hit Black Bear in his Taco prior to heading back home to WA. I also want to go wheeling...just not on slick shelf roads.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:09 AM   #314
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelt View Post
Heading down to Telluride this weekend! With quite a bit of rain in the forecast, we may be limited to our expeditions. Are there any trails out there that don't have ridiculous shelf roads? I've read some reports and have seen some photos, and it seems like Last Dollar and Alta Lakes may not be too bad in the wet. However, I've also read some reports that Last Dollar may be impassable in heavy rain...and that the clay is like grease if it rains.

I'm no fan of high shelf roads in dry weather, which is pretty contradictory to even going to Telluride. My brother-in-law wants to hit Black Bear in his Taco prior to heading back home to WA. I also want to go wheeling...just not on slick shelf roads.
There's lots of good stuff out there. If you want something in the quite mild/easy range, check out cinnamon pass and engineer pass. Both have some shelf roads, but both would be perfectly safe in wet weather. Engineer does go above treeline.

Also, head out in the early mornings and you'll be more likely to have some sunshine.

If you're not a fan of high shelf roads when it's dry, I wouldn't go anywhere near Black Bear in the rain if I was you.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #315
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Just saw the flash flood video of hwy 145 down there, Crazy stuff.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #316
Taco Noob
joelt has a spectacular aura aboutjoelt has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Joey
joelt's Tacoma Gallery
Made it to Telluride. Drove through lots of red roads...glad the washouts didn't shut down any trails: http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/sanjua...fsbdev3_002300. Ready to hit some trails...
Old 07-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #317
Runner
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
7/27: Argentine Pass and McClellan Mountain

7/28: Radical Hill and Saint Johns

Saw this sweet rig as I was heading up:

The most difficult sections of Radical, not really all that hard of a trail, but a few ledges that get your blood flowing.

[/QUOTE]

Finally got to see some mountain goats, these guys have been like unicorns for me, lived in CO for 12 years and these were the first ones I have seen in person! These guys were not shy at all, I drove within 5 feet of the group in the last pic.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #318

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Nice shots. I need to get up there and camp/ mtn bike.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #319
Runner
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
Nice shots. I need to get up there and camp/ mtn bike.
Thanks! Was a pretty damn fun weekend, wheeling, fishing and DH. Those high country trails are really just amazing and pics cant even capture the awesomeness of seeing for miles in every direction.