1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bags on a 2010 prerunner

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by husqvarna 530rr, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Aug 13, 2013 at 9:32 PM
    husqvarna 530rr

husqvarna 530rr [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    oahu hawaii
    Vehicle:
    sport
    none
    What exactly do I need to do? I'm told that this will allow me to raise and lower the back end. And I could drop the back and sit on the bump stops. Sorry for my ignorance.

2. Aug 14, 2013 at 5:39 AM
    07TacoRidah

07TacoRidah SHHHH, this is interesting

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Base Model Access Cab
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    you have a pre runner which means your axle is above the leaf springs. there's this kit (it's a helper kit made by Firestone)

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...fs-firestone-ride-rite-air-bags-200-00-a.html

that you can use, but getting closer to resting on bumps will be via aid of weight.

if you get the axle flip kit from Tundra Racing (or just any flip kit that will work with a tacoma pre runner), you will be closer to hitting/resting on your bumps BUT you have to get a different kit. There IS one (made by Air Lift Company), but it's smaller bags (max weight is about 800lbs. ea) but still gives you liberty to lift/lower given you have the right parts to do so (i.e. manual paddle valve/12v 2 way valves).

http://www. sd truck springs .com/ index. php?main_page=product_info&products_id=7086

3. Aug 14, 2013 at 5:41 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Engine bay: aFe Pro Dry filter Secondary air filter deleted Sokie Tech hood damper kit OReiley battery terminals Big 3 upgrade (0g wiring) 2012 Headlight swap HID kit (headlight 6k/fog light 3k) Sylvania Zevo LED turn signals w/hyper flash resistors Rear back up light GY6 bulb Bullz Audio 0g wire Exterior: Dynamik Retro Projector style headlight housing Depo Euro Black Altezza LED tails 2012 front grill/bumper cover w/ fog light and hood swap Rear bumper swap (to chrome, painted w/bedliner paint) 99 Cents Store tailgate lock Suspension: XR Bilsteins Universal Air Suspension strut bag Custom UCA's DJM 4" rear drop kit 1" spindle spacer kit 4x4 leaf pack swap (middle leaf removed) Air Lift rear helper springs 4 Siria (Asco) 3/8" air valves 3 gallon air tank 1/4' air lines 90's Acura Integra door switches to air valves ViAir 450 air compressor Rims: 18x10 Work VS-KF front w/5" lip 18x11 Work VS-KF rear w/6" lip 225/40/18 tires all around Sick Speed 3 piece spike lug nuts Pepboys valve stem caps 1" wheel spacers all around Interior: Wink Mirror rear view Center console lid fabric Metra Dash kit Kenwood bluetooth headunit Hifonics Zeus ZXi 6410 PB 6 1/2" component speakers up front 10" single Hifonics subwoofer 10" sealed angled box Katana shift knob
    sorry your going to have to take out those spaces, for some reason I was not able to paste the full site link.

4. Aug 14, 2013 at 9:55 AM
    husqvarna 530rr

Member:
    oahu hawaii
    Vehicle:
    sport
    none
    Ok like I said I'm a dummy when it comes to this. I can fab up anything. I only want the rear to drop while parked. Can I remove the spribgs all together? And fab up some type of support rods? My buddy was saying something about 3 link but he's speaking Chinese lol.
    And if springs are a must, can I swap my over axel stuff for a under?

5. Aug 14, 2013 at 10:00 AM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO Another day another beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
    There was a guy on here that did a 4 link kit with coilovers in the rear but I believe it was for a xrunner should get a idea for you let me find the link

6. Aug 14, 2013 at 10:15 AM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO Another day another beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
  7. Aug 15, 2013 at 4:37 AM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    no worries, I'm fairly retarded too. I meant to say is that your axle is UNDER your leaf springs not above.

"I can fab up anything. I only want the rear to drop while parked. Can I remove the spribgs all together? And fab up some type of support rods? My buddy was saying something about 3 link but he's speaking Chinese lol."

NICE! Your main goal is to keep the rear from swaying, keep aligned with the front, and hold pinion angle. You can 3, 4, 5, 6 link it hell even 2 link if your only going to be lifting/lowering like that (many down play the 2 link but it's mainly due to people that want more from their setup than they can afford. Simple lift/lower especially when there's no frame cutting is fine for 2 links). For more info you will need to do some Google searching on link systems, how they work, geometry on them, read about pinion angle as well (VERY important).

"And if springs are a must, can I swap my over axel stuff for a under?"
    sorry about the confusion. You will need an axle flip kit (Tundra racing has them) so that you are able to switch the leaf springs from being over the axle to being under it. This is of course IF you keep your leaf springs in.

8. Aug 15, 2013 at 8:14 AM
    husqvarna 530rr

Member:
    oahu hawaii
    Vehicle:
    sport
    none
    Right on man!! I appreciate the help and pointing me in the right direction. I know it sounds dump but it makes it easy for my dobermans to jump in the back, load dirtbikes, and everything else. Lol I'm putting shit in the bed on a daily. Most guys say "get a ramp" but that's too easy and not nearly as cool. Haha

9. Aug 15, 2013 at 9:21 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    lol no worries. if your putting things in the bed daily, make sure you average up your overall weights in the back (reason being is that say you only have a max weight of 1600 lbs; helper support, in the back and you go over it, the bags will definitely pop as well as you not having a fun ride with the weight in the back).

UGH!!!! :mad::mad::mad: just reread what I posted ...

"You will need an axle flip kit (Tundra racing has them) so that you are able to switch the leaf springs from being over the axle to being under it. This is of course IF you keep your leaf springs in."

I keep saying the opposite. hate that, but you get what I am trying to say though lol.

10. Aug 29, 2013 at 8:59 AM
    husqvarna 530rr

Member:
    oahu hawaii
    Vehicle:
    sport
    none
    Ok I think I found a solution for my specific application. So lets say my bed weight capacity is 1600lbs. If I drop 1600lbs of rock the bed should sit on the bump stops. Correct?? So I could source a bimba hydraulic cylinder or pneumatic, and fab up some brackets to attach it to the axle and frame. And that would simulate the max weight, thus in turn lower the bumper about 6". Remember I wound be driving it like that, and it won't be held long.

11. Sep 12, 2013 at 10:07 PM
    hirod

hirod Well-Known Member

Member:
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    16 double cab short bed OR
    So, guys running the tundra racing kit should go with the air lift kit vs the firestone kit? Just checking. Is it easier to work with?

Edit. Just read the instructIons. Sounds like the right thing for the job. Allows you to run whatever drop you want and maintain the height even with load. Bam. Getting ordered this weekend. Thanks

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  12. Sep 13, 2013 at 12:15 PM
    07TacoRidah

Member:
    Vehicle:
    sometime this weekend or next I'm going to try and get a Air Suspension basics thread on here :)

Products Discussed in

To Top