Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

walker evans and all pro for my 3" lift??

Old 01-25-2011, 08:51 PM   #1
mantis818 is on a distinguished road

Name: Blaise
mantis818's Tacoma Gallery
walker evans and all pro for my 3" lift??

hey everyone, im a new member and i just recently bought an 05 tacoma trd sport 4x4.

ive been looking into what to get for a 3" lift. after a lot of research ive decided on Walker evans 2.0" non-res coil overs and rear shocks also non res along with the Standard Duty Rear Leaf Springs from all pro off road. later on i also want to get total chaos UCAs. with that being said i have some questions and would like some opinions too.

is it ok to go the complete 3 inches of lift with the stock UCA's until i get new ones?

if i run with the set up i explained what should my coilovers be set to to make a level 3" lift? (i think they're adjustable from what it looked like in the pictures on the all pro site)

i have some mechanical experience with cars and im looking into doing the install myself with help from my friend and my dad. is there any threads around here that have pictures and steps on installing this kind of lift?

i appreciate your help, thanks!
Old 01-26-2011, 06:35 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis818 View Post
hey everyone, im a new member and i just recently bought an 05 tacoma trd sport 4x4.

ive been looking into what to get for a 3" lift. after a lot of research ive decided on Walker evans 2.0" non-res coil overs and rear shocks also non res along with the Standard Duty Rear Leaf Springs from all pro off road. later on i also want to get total chaos UCAs. with that being said i have some questions and would like some opinions too.

is it ok to go the complete 3 inches of lift with the stock UCA's until i get new ones?

if i run with the set up i explained what should my coilovers be set to to make a level 3" lift? (i think they're adjustable from what it looked like in the pictures on the all pro site)

i have some mechanical experience with cars and im looking into doing the install myself with help from my friend and my dad. is there any threads around here that have pictures and steps on installing this kind of lift?

i appreciate your help, thanks!
Welcome to TW. Most people need new UCA's with 3" in order to get their alignment right. At 3", it's quite hard to get the caster right with the stock UCA's.

As far as the Walker Evans CO's, TW member jhodge83 has them, so he would be able to help you out with the settings. His name is Jamie, shoot him a PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:49 AM   #3
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
From pics that Ive seen I would not run the WE coilovers. And I wouldnt try and get 3" out of coilovers either, I had my fox's cranked down to get 3" and they rode like shit! very very stiff and rough. The very most I would go with COs is 2.5"
but there are plenty of people on here that run their COs at 3"...
Old 01-26-2011, 08:09 AM   #4
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Im only getting about an inch of lift right now from my fox's and they are smooth as butter.

3 inches will change your 600lb spring rate much higher resulting in a STIFF ride.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:01 PM   #5

so if i set the CO's to 2" what would that mean for the rear with the leaf springs and WE shocks? how do i accomplish a level lift?
Old 01-27-2011, 08:00 AM   #6

I think 1.75" or 2" in the front and nothing in the back will make you level.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so if i set the CO's to 2" what would that mean for the rear with the leaf springs and WE shocks? how do i accomplish a level lift?
With 1.75" up front and stock rear, I was slightly nose-high.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #8

thank you everyone, you have made my suspension options that much easier. but now i have a new question .

if i get leaf springs that raise the rear 2" what would i have to do to get the front level? (UCA's, CO's, etc.)
Old 02-09-2011, 12:07 AM   #9
wizo is on a distinguished road
wizo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thank you everyone, you have made my suspension options that much easier. but now i have a new question .

if i get leaf springs that raise the rear 2" what would i have to do to get the front level? (UCA's, CO's, etc.)
Check out my setup, I will soon be ordering a 1.5" 3 leaf AAL to level the rear. So far I like the Walker Evans COs w/ All Pro UCAs.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-pro-ucas.html