Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

how much to have 5100's installed

Old 06-02-2011, 07:17 AM   #1
tooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
tooth sleuth's Tacoma Gallery
how much to have 5100's installed

Getting the rear TSB done next week, bought 4 5100's from downsouth. Since they rear tsb includes an alignment that i won't have to pay for, how much would be reasonable for them to install the 4 bilsteins? do they normally replace the rear shocks anyway on a rear leaf tsb? Thanks
Old 06-02-2011, 07:32 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Since you have a TRD, they wouldn't be replacing the front or rear shocks. It should only take them a couple hours with your truck on a lift but you can save a bunch of money doing it yourself and having them align it as part of the TSB. The rear shocks are very simple to install, the fronts are slightly more involved.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
Largefarva is on a distinguished road
Navy: Nuke Electrician
Largefarva's Tacoma Gallery
When I had my 5100's installed the dealership wanted $550 or so plus another $100 for the alignment to do the installation of my 5100's while they were going to do the TSB. Total ripoff and I let him know it. They did the TSB, and the next day I took it to another place that installed all four 5100's and an alignment for $340 total.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:24 PM   #4
RoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to beholdRoyR is a splendid one to behold

RoyR's Tacoma Gallery
I just had the same thing done...they charged me $550.00 total, which included the 15k service, so approx $400?? subtract about $150 for alignment, and you looking at $350...which seemed reasonable to me.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...tsb-5100s.html
Old 06-02-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
id say no more than 300 with alignment.

or some food and beer and have people in your area from the forum help you out.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #6
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Sierra Expeditions installed my entire front and rear suspension for $150 (5100's front and rear, new UCAs, new OME coils). Already have the Firestone lifetime alignment plan so factor some of that $160 into this and it probably ran me about $200 out the door.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:30 PM   #7
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Sure makes my 8 hour diy install worth it for those prices.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:32 AM   #8
tooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooth sleuth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
tooth sleuth's Tacoma Gallery
so i checked with the dealer, they said with the Rear TSB with covered alignment, it would be $274 to have the front and rear shocks switched out with the bilsteins i already purchased.