1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question about tires for a lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Sawyercomesclean, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Sep 2, 2011 at 9:10 AM
    Sawyercomesclean

Sawyercomesclean [OP] >:3

Member:
    First Name:
    Zell
    Tampa area
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB Prerunner SR5 TRD
    3" jacked up/ 33s/ Sockmonkey decals/ tailgate lock/ TRD FJ wheels/ tinting/ Black Hunter Bull Bar/ Devil Horns by Andres/
    I plan on getting a 3" suspension lift kit from Tuff Country for my 2011 tacoma.

I have been wondering what the best tires are for it. I was thinking about
    32 x 10.5 tires. I also would like them to look fairly badass lol. You know... some good treads... so they don't look as bald as the ones the truck came with.

Any suggestions about the tires? Does this sound good?

Thanks for any help!

-Z

2. Sep 3, 2011 at 8:25 PM
    Blkturbo!

Blkturbo! Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma; 05 Seadoo RXP; 94 Turbo Supra
    Icon Coilovers, Downsouth UCAs, rear Icon "2.5" shocks and Toytec single AAL. Still gotta do exhaust, dark headlights and re-gear the rear diff.
    I have 285-65-18 nitro trail grappler MTs on my 3in lift. I fukn love the way they look! Had them for 4 months now and I still bust a nut when I look at them! They run a little large.... These 285s are actually 11.93in wide :) I paid $215ea from onlinetires.com :D
    Also, they are not loud either.... Just normal hwy hum.

I searched and slept on every fukn tire you can find or research.... I did this for an entire year or more! These were my decision and I couldn't be happier! Especially with the looks of them! Totally cool tread near and far.

3. Sep 3, 2011 at 10:44 PM
    Sawyercomesclean

Member:
    First Name:
    Zell
    Tampa area
    Vehicle:
    3" jacked up/ 33s/ Sockmonkey decals/ tailgate lock/ TRD FJ wheels/ tinting/ Black Hunter Bull Bar/ Devil Horns by Andres/
    yeah man those tires do look awesome with the lift. Expensive ass tires though! Oh well. I guess it comes with the territory huh.

4. Sep 3, 2011 at 10:47 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
  5. Sep 4, 2011 at 9:23 AM
    Sawyercomesclean

Member:
    First Name:
    Zell
    Tampa area
    Vehicle:
    No hardcore offroading for me. I mainly like the look. And if I need or want to go offroad (which happens a good amount of time surprisingly) I can have the right wheels to tackle it. Thanks for the suggestions.

Products Discussed in

To Top