Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Eibach, 5100's and rear?- help with the rear

Old 09-15-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
D13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: D
D13's Tacoma Gallery
Eibach, 5100's and rear?- help with the rear

I'm sure there are tons of threads on this, but damn if i could find one.

I was planning on Eibach coils and 5100s set at 0, for the 1.6" in the front.

My rear sags and I would like it level/slight rake, but it seems like there really aren't too many options.

Who makes a complete 2" leaf pack, not just an AAL?

Was thinking Dakars, but I would need to put up with the squeak and all that, plus it would jack it up a bit more than I wanted.

Would it be level with the 5100's at .85?
Old 09-15-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Wheelers has a 2 full packs to choose from.....Deavers or Alcan! Both provide 1.5-2" and are the same price I believe!
Old 09-15-2011, 03:51 PM   #3
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
check this out-
Under the pics I made a collection of rear setups
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st-gen-tacomas/176037-bilstein-5100-eibach-gallery.html

Edit:
Didn't see you had a 2nd gen, but the links should still work for 2nd gen rears, just watch the model years.

If you set the front to .85 with the coils you will get a full 3" from the front
Old 09-15-2011, 04:08 PM   #4
D13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of light
D13's Tacoma Gallery
Woah.. cant believe I overlooked those.

Price is a concern, so was looking for a "cheap" fix, I'm a get what you pay for and do it right the first time guy too though.

I guess the other question is how does the 3-leaf AAL by Wheelers compare? My ass is saggin and I'll probably get a topper eventually.

I'd go with the dakars but dont want to get too close to the vibe risk and want to avoid UCA's and extra costs...
Old 09-15-2011, 04:11 PM   #5
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

the rear doesnt have much to do with vibes, its mainly the front you have to worry about. I don't have much experience with the leaf packs, so I cant give you advice on that without talking out of my ass

But if you stick to 3" you should be good as far as needing new uca's, it's kinda a hit and miss- If you get vibes you could always lower the billy's back down to stock

The dakars sound right for you though, IMO
Old 09-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #6
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
An Add a Leaf will hold the truck up, mine is wearing out but I still am almost level with the front lifted 3 1/4 inches. The AAL won't hold much weight, with the topper you will probably want to have a complete leaf pack.

You won't need Uca's regardless of what goes on in the rear, (are you talking about keeping the front level? Derp) vibes can be easily solved. In the end it's about your needs for hauling (in your case a topper) and how much money you're willing to spend.

If your leafs seem to be in fairly good shape I would have the dealer install the rear Tsb which adds an extra leaf and then invest in a progressive AAL. If you're leafs are in fairly good shape it should be fine.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:22 PM   #7
D13's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry a bit of confusion, didnt properly fill in all the blanks..

I have an 08.. No TSB, past warranty there.

Leaves are currently saggy, was leaning toward a complete pack, not just an AAL

I have no topper currently, but long term plan is to get one.

I do plan on off roading more, but nothing too crazy.

Purchased but NOT on the truck are 5100s... Will be going with Eibachs (not yet purchased).

I was planning on running the 5100's at 0. with the eibachs giving 1.6" of lift.

Want to have the truck level or with rake, but no bro lean!!

I do realize vibes come from the front, but it is an overall concern.

I'm thinking dakars, but what do most people run on the fronts? Setting the fronts at .85 would make it damn near level... if the parts gave the lift they say. comments? experiences?
Old 09-15-2011, 05:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by D13 View Post

Purchased but NOT on the truck are 5100s... Will be going with Eibachs (not yet purchased).

I was planning on running the 5100's at 0. with the eibachs giving 1.6" of lift.

I'm thinking dakars, but what do most people run on the fronts? Setting the fronts at .85 would make it damn near level... if the parts gave the lift they say. comments? experiences?
Most people run the front at .85 with the coils to get 3", then get a 2"+ Rear lift
But I don't have a second gen, so I'll let others chime in
Old 09-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #9
ILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
ILove2Drive's Tacoma Gallery
I have this lift. Eibachs and 5100s set at .85, and then I have the wheelers progressive 1.5 AAL in the back. Love how it looks, and back is a tad higher but its pretty close to level (left the overload spring in place). I do have some vibrations though, still working on trying to figure out what exactly. If you set the 5100s at .85 you may want to look into getting the diff drop from toytec as well...before having this my CV angles were a little steep.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:29 PM   #10
D13's Tacoma Gallery
Leaning toward sick of reading about it, and go with the 3-leaf pack and have the same set up as ILove2Drive.

Current measurements are:
Front 20.25 20

Rear 22.5 22.25

Shoulda went with one of the package lifts..and avoiding vibes is something I'm trying to do!
Old 09-16-2011, 06:28 PM   #11
myfirst06taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
myfirst06taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I just installed my 5100's with eibach's set @.85 with toytec spacers , diff drop and sway bar relocate on sunday ... I didn't have enough time to install the rear the same day . So I drove it with some serious "bro lean" until I finished the rear on wednesday. I went with a leaf pack from All-pro (standard duty) and 5100's . It gave me about 3" in the rear , my old leafs were sagging bad. Btw i didn't have any vibes until I did the rear , guess I'm getting some shims asap.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:47 AM   #12
D13's Tacoma Gallery
I'm back reading about dakars... How much lift do most people get?

and are there different lifts with them, wheelers list theirs as 2.75 of lift.. and toytech as 2.5??

I thought there was a thread with the measurements from dakars, but damn if i can find it.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #13
D13's Tacoma Gallery
Sick of reading, just want it done... Dakars ordered

Next: break lines, bigger tires and sliders
Old 09-20-2011, 10:38 AM   #14
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
good choice with the new leaf pack, with the non tsb leaf pack and an AAL with a topper it would wear out quickly
Old 09-20-2011, 10:49 AM   #15
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
good choice with the new leaf pack, with the non tsb leaf pack and an AAL with a topper it would wear out quickly
x2. An AAL on a saggy leaf pack is just a band aid.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:00 AM   #16
D13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
x2. An AAL on a saggy leaf pack is just a band aid.
Yep, I actually had the AAL ordered, but starred at my leaves for a min and that was that... AAl was not a good option at all.

I was just hoping there would be a 2" full replacement pack for a good price that can handle a load... I don't think one exists.

Now to find an installer in this damn state (SD).... shoulda had it done over the summer when i had the truck somewhere with some topography.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:05 AM   #17
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was just hoping there would be a 2" full replacement pack for a good price that can handle a load... I don't think one exists.

Now to find an installer in this damn state (SD).... shoulda had it done over the summer when i had the truck somewhere with some topography.
To your first point, Alcan can make a leaf pack to whatever specification you wish. Lift height, load capacity, etc. The Dakars are a great product, I'm sure you'll be happy with them.

As far as an installer, put your hands on the desk in front of you and look down... there's your installer

Get a helper and have at it. With basic hand tools it can be done fairly quickly. Air tools help and an extra set of hands is a good thing when trying to wrestle the new leaf pack in place.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:09 PM   #18
D13's Tacoma Gallery
Haaa.. yeah I wouldnt mind doing the work, but I live in an apt. and have no tools. Got a really reasonable quote from a shop 45 min. away. except the guy said he hasn't done a diff drop before. I don't mind payin if it gets done right, and quick and painless.. but I also like to know more about my vehicle.. meh..

So diff drop, carrier drop and brake lines are recommended right? ... searching...
Old 09-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #19

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haaa.. yeah I wouldnt mind doing the work, but I live in an apt. and have no tools. Got a really reasonable quote from a shop 45 min. away. except the guy said he hasn't done a diff drop before. I don't mind payin if it gets done right, and quick and painless.. but I also like to know more about my vehicle.. meh..

So diff drop, carrier drop and brake lines are recommended right? ... searching...
Diff drop and carrier bearing drop only if you need them (I've got a CB drop kit sitting in my tool box, never needed it). Also, if you're going with Dakars, look into a centering pin spacer and 3 degree axle shims. The axle shims tilt the rear axle to face the transfer case making the drive shaft and rear diff in a straight line.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #20
D13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Diff drop and carrier bearing drop only if you need them (I've got a CB drop kit sitting in my tool box, never needed it). Also, if you're going with Dakars, look into a centering pin spacer and 3 degree axle shims. The axle shims tilt the rear axle to face the transfer case making the drive shaft and rear diff in a straight line.

hmmm.. ok, so the cb and diff only if i get vibes, not something worth doing anyways?

and same with the shims, is this something I should plan on doing, or having the shop do?