1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

3" pro comp kit

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by robsam, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Apr 23, 2012 at 9:07 PM
    robsam

robsam [OP] Truck Norris

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Surrey BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 dbl cab sb 6sp
    3" procomp lift Raider canopy Fog light control mod Aluminum boat rack Rear ubolt flip kit Stainless extended rear brake lines Drive shaft bearing spacer Front diff drop Spidertrax spacers Cooper at3 tires 285/70/17 GTA ipod interface unit Rcds204 4x4 illuminated switch
    After deciding that I want a moderate lift for my 07 dbl cab, I decided on the procomp kit as it was very complete... Coils, aals, struts shocks and all the hardware. I haven't pit it n yet, but am working towards it. My question is... can I use new uca's and other add ons like a diff drop bracket and drive shaft bearing spacers... From what I read these are all a good idea and inexpensive too. Also, should I get extended brake lines for the rear? I'm only going to do mild wheeling and just don't want vibrations or problems. I'm also hoping to keep my stock rims and was wondering what size rubber I can use. They are powder coated black Trd 17s. Thanks.

2. Apr 23, 2012 at 10:03 PM
    brian

brian Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 F-250 Powerstroke
    Literally YES, to all of the above.

I wouldn't recommend keeping the stock rims if you get 33's though, I had em on my stock 17's while I waited for a day to get my new wheels and its really wishy-washy on the road. 17x8 wheels, 4.5'' backspace.

Highly recommend extended rear brake lines for 3" rear lift. 1-2" you should be fine with stock brake lines, which would be the height desired if you were 'leveling' the truck. I'm running stock lines on mine.

All of your questions can easily be answered with a little searching though. Also check the stickies at the top of every forum. There is valueable information in all of them!

Welcome to TW! :wave:

3. Apr 24, 2012 at 6:07 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Welcome to TW. Just be aware that the procomp 3" lift is one of the stiffest, poorest riding lifts you can buy.

4. Apr 25, 2012 at 9:33 AM
    jr114

jr114 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Truck
    Icon Ext travel CO, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Maxtrac Spindles, Icon RR rear w 2"aal.
    x100000

5. Apr 25, 2012 at 9:47 AM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO Another day another beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
    Op you can fit 285 size tire and you maybe need to put some 1.25 Spidertrax wheel spacers to not rub the uca

6. Apr 26, 2012 at 5:07 PM
    robsam

robsam [OP] Truck Norris

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Surrey BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 dbl cab sb 6sp
    3" procomp lift Raider canopy Fog light control mod Aluminum boat rack Rear ubolt flip kit Stainless extended rear brake lines Drive shaft bearing spacer Front diff drop Spidertrax spacers Cooper at3 tires 285/70/17 GTA ipod interface unit Rcds204 4x4 illuminated switch
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna do some shopping this weekend and be more ready for "the day" that it all goes in. Is a 255/85 as tall a tire as the 285/75? Maybe those would be better suited for stock rims. Also I think if the ride is too stiff(from what I read... It's gonna)it may force(rubber arm) me to get a nice bumper up front too. Hopefully soon, I'll get my 12 yr old to show me how to get some pics here too.:confused:

7. Apr 26, 2012 at 5:09 PM
    robsam

robsam [OP] Truck Norris

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Surrey BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 dbl cab sb 6sp
    I guess a 285 is a 70 not a 85 on a 17. Ya... That's it

8. Apr 26, 2012 at 5:12 PM
    IGO4LOW

IGO4LOW Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Fullerton, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB TRD SPORT 4x4 w/ JBL Audio
    3" Procomp lift, 285/70 R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on Procomp series 6005 wheels, Fog lights on Anytime mod, illuminated oem fog switch, bed mat, all weather floormats, CB Radio in dash, alternating turn signal mod, automatic center console light. Blacked out badges, D2s in the grille.
    I have to disagree. I have had this lift for a while now and it has a great ride! Maybe just a hair stiffer than stock in the rear. That's it. I don't have any vibrations or have I had any trouble with the stock brake lines in the rear. And I've done quite a bit of wheeling with it.

9. Oct 7, 2013 at 11:10 AM
    robsam

robsam [OP] Truck Norris

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Surrey BC Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 dbl cab sb 6sp
    Well, just looking at an old thread I started, and now my kit is in, I couldn't be happier. I think the ride is awesome, I've had zero trouble and think there is way to much hate on for this setup. I like the stiffer rear end because I use my truck to carry and tow. It's not a jeep, and will never flex like one, but it is a truck...and now feels much more like one.

10. Oct 7, 2013 at 11:26 AM
    Westside

Westside Southbound

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Nor Cal, East Bay
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4X4
    Hey robsam, I felt like you when I read all of the hate for Pro-Comp on this board. My 3'' kit came installed by the dealer. But after 20k or so the problems couldn't be denied. The lower shock eyelet bushings, front and rear are completely gone. Even though this will be covered by warranty it's still a huge inconvenience and the horrible clunking noises it creates makes the truck un driveable for me.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/166926-pro-comp-3-inch-complete-coil-kit-3.html

11. Oct 7, 2013 at 11:30 AM
    xtyfighterx

xtyfighterx Master Shredder

Member:
    First Name:
    Ty
    CDA Idaho/ Deadhorse Ak
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SW TRD OR/ 2015 tundra CM off road sr5
    3in lift, 5100s front and rear, OME 887 springs 2in aal, 285 75 16 Duratracs, mb 352 black wheels, white sport grill, derp'd lower valance, derp'd front toyota emblem white, tinted windows, tinted tail lights, trd shorty antenna, trd hitch cover, trd valve stem caps, trd neoprene covers, trd all weather floor mats, kenwood double din, stampede window visors, flyzeye interior leds, anytime fog light mod, flashlight mod, kool vue intake, LED dome light, Lund bug shield, TRD shift knob,front mud flaps removed, Debadged, truxedo roll up bed cover, led fog light bulbs, led parking light bulbs, led dtrls bulbs, led headlight bulbs, led back up light bulbs, led license plate bulbs, tinted license plate covers, 18" magnaflow muffler, 32in ebay, light bar, coverking neoprene resr seat cover, oem trd skid plate, trd decal on center caps, oem trd exhaust tip, blacked out pinch welds, color matched mirror covers.
    i just put 285s on my stock 16s with wheels spacers no problems

Products Discussed in

To Top