Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Would you buy this lift kit?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #1
TacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
TacoTitan11's Tacoma Gallery
Would you buy this lift kit?

anyone have any experience with this kit? i have a 2012 2WD double cab. not looking for off roading, i just want the looks to be honest. thanks
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...t_pn=EXPK5081B

Old 05-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
It's not a bad kit but I've heard the Pro Comp coils are very very stiff. Also, with a 3" lift you'll probably want to get new UCA's to get your alignment in spec.

For your Prerunner, you might want to consider lift spindles for the front, an AAL for the rear and you're set.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
What about just the 5100's front and rear with an AAL
Old 05-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #4
Dustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Dustyroades's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
What about just the 5100's front and rear with an AAL
This is a better option at this price point. Stick to 1.75" front lift IMO and avoid having your alignment out of whack.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
SJginger is on a distinguished road
Name: Jerry
SJginger's Tacoma Gallery
I've had this kit....I actually just blew a front shocks from wheeling it to hard, like they said u will deff need new ucas cause unrolled the springs settle ull be at about 4" of lift....and the springs are stiff its a bumpy ride...IMO save up for a better kit like mentioned above I made the mistake of going with this kit and hated it
Old 05-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #7
IGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: EMT-B
Name: Zach
IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
I have this kit on my truck and ive wheeled pretty hard, nothings broke and it has performed great. The ride isn't stiff at all. Maybe a tad stiffer than stock but who cares. I don't have ucas and my alignment is perfect. And no issues with suspension geometry. You will just have to have the dealer recalibrate the zero-point sensor and get an alignment done somewhere. Then your set. For the price and performance, I love this kit, hands down.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #8
TacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
TacoTitan11's Tacoma Gallery
anyone else?
Old 05-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #9
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...comp-lift.html
Old 05-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #10
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
meh not the worst
Old 05-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #11
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
I ran this kit for about a year. I thought it was wayyyyy to stiff. Wheeling was rough. Everyday driving was rough...I mean rough dude. I swapped out the whole thing for billies on all four corner's, all pro expo pack and spindles.(i'm a prerunner.) dude I could not be happier with my billies and expo pack. The ride is night and day on and off road. If you want a cheap and easy lift that will rust in a year, get the pro comp. If you want to do it right save your money and get billies or OME..sorry but it's the truth. The pro comp lift is fine but dude I am speaking from experience.....Billie or OME...you get what you pay fer...nuff said

Products Discussed in this Thread