Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need new leaf springs

Old 02-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Need new leaf springs

I'm looking to get new springs. Actually, need new suspension all around, but I think I need to do the rear first. Truck seems to be sagging to the driver side all of a sudden, and budget doesn't allow me to do all 4 corners just yet.

I was thinking OME Dakars, buy them and set aside for warmer weather while I gather the rest of the parts.

Then I saw the $159 shipping on 2 Dakar leafs and the U-bolts!

Anyone have other suggestions or a better place to buy than from Toytec?
Old 02-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
Cant say enough good things about the All Pro leaf packs
Old 02-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
Cant say enough good things about the All Pro leaf packs
Cool. I see they are the same price as the Dakars from Toytec. Just need to find out what the shipping is. Wish I had a local shop.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
It was $75 for mine from allpro but I'm in CA.

give then a call or you can pm one of their reps here.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
Devout Atheist

Well, looks like I found a solution! Tri City Spring in Binghamton will rebuild my factory springs to give me a lift and payload capacity of 800lbs (their number) for $500 parts and labor! They'll build a leaf pack, rivet them together, etc in a day. Drop the truck off Friday and it'll be done that day they said. They could even have done it Thursday, but I needed to wait for my paycheck to clear.

Now for the bad news, apparently the driver side AAL broke and fell out! So I've been driving for who knows how long now loose u-bolts because I didn't realize that leaf had come out. Needless to say the truck drove normal aside from a rattle/clang that I thought was coming from a heat shield (which I fixed, and the noise stopped).
Old 02-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #7
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
did you check out refurbing your current springs with some junkyard springs? it only takes a day or 2, and you can adjust for payload and lift.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...urbishing.html
Old 02-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #8
HossNFross Per "Oz"
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
How much of a lift were you hoping for, or are you just wanting to replace the stock suspension with stock height?
Old 02-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #9
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
did you check out refurbing your current springs with some junkyard springs? it only takes a day or 2, and you can adjust for payload and lift.

^^^^THIS!
Old 02-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #10
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post

Thanks, I'll look at that. Unfortunately it's in the 30's and lower, with mud and snow where I park my truck not to mention the U-pull place is the same thing minus power tools. I hate pulling parts out of that place, and they never have the vehicle I need to pick from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
How much of a lift were you hoping for, or are you just wanting to replace the stock suspension with stock height?
Basically to retain the 3" lift I had before, and to not have them sag when I throw 400-800 lbs of wood pellets in the back. The AAL's didn't really help keep it from sagging before.

I could have bought parts or taken time to do it myself, but since the spring was missing and the u-bolts loose I decided to get it fixed this week by people in a heated garage with a lift and better tools. lol
Old 02-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #12
HossNFross Per "Oz"
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Well, good luck with the company re-doing it for you. I hate paying companies to do things like that for me personally.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #13
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomataco2 View Post
Did you ask on a shipping price from Wheelers off road? The springs are $350
Thanks! I forgot about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
Well, good luck with the company re-doing it for you. I hate paying companies to do things like that for me personally.
Yeah, I know. I hate doing that too. But I have 6" of snow in my yard. Ice, mud and snow on my driveway. And the floor in my barn needs to be replaced before I park my truck in there again. So doing spring work out in the open, in freezing weather, with the air lines running through snow freezing the tools, was NOT on my list of things to do this month.