1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'14 4x2 DCLB Lift for Cosmetic/Light Trails

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ImmortalTaco, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Feb 15, 2015 at 10:43 PM
    ImmortalTaco

ImmortalTaco [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Riverside, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 Double Cab
    Hey all,

I’ve been doing a lot of research on lifts and given how new I am to suspension modification, the overload of information is pretty intimidating. I’m having a hard time finding posts that relate to my specific needs, so I was hoping one of you would be able to steer me in the right direction?

I have a 2014 DCLB 4x2 with a Snugtop Rebel Cap. Other than an aftermarket stereo that is the extent of my current modifications.

Long story short, I’m trying to achieve the appearance of SAIRS’ truck (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/217909-sairs-2012-s-w-longbed-sport-build.html - pics of his truck on first page of his build thread there), but I’m not sure I need to spend ~$3,000 he probably put into it as my truck is simply a daily driver that will only be doing light trails once, maybe twice a month when I go fishing/camping.

My understanding is that an alternative, more economical route would be Bilstein 5100’s all around and an AAL, but I can’t find anyone fitting 285/65/18’s with this setup. Does anybody have any experience with this? Or something else that may achieve the results I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance for all of your input!

2. Feb 15, 2015 at 10:51 PM
    Wiggins

Wiggins Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD OR
    TRD Sport Hood, ICON 3" Lift - 700lb coils, Total Chaos UCAs 5% Tinted Windows Crystal Front Window Film 2.5 resi shocks front and rear, dakar leaf packs Wheelers Bump Stops All-Pro Offroad APEX Front Plate Bumper, PIAA Fog Lights, PIAA Fog Lights, Black Line-X All-Pro Offroad Skid Plates, Black Line-X All-Pro Offroad APEX Rear Plate Bumper, Side Armor for Plate, Hidden Receiver Hitch, Black All-Pro Offroad APEX Sliders,Line-X All-Pro Offroad APEX Pack Rack, Black Line-X, 16" height ScanTool 427201 OBDLink LX Bluetooth Hankook Dynapro ATM 285/75/16 Vision Manx 16"x8" rims, 4.5" Backspacing Warn M8000-s Winch, Factor55 Flatlink, Factor55 1" Hawse Fairlead RIGID Industries Ditch Lights Tractor Supply Bed Box 260amp H.O. Alternator Big 3 Cable Replacement NorthStar AGM34 battery Pelfreybilt Battery Cage Plefreybilt Fuse Plate BlueSea fuse block Kenwood TS-B2000 Short Wave Radio, Remote face, Pack Rack Mounted Antenna Uniden Bearcat CB Cab Mount Chop (BAMF Inserts) TODO: ARB Air System ARB Rear Air Locker w/ 4.88 gears ARB Front Air Locker w/ 4.88 gears HID Retrofit Headlights Rigid Industries RDS-Series 54" Midnight Edition LED Rigid Industries R2-46 Combo Round Light (x2)
    According to Forum Lore: You're gonna have to jack those 5100's all the way up in order to hit 3" of lift and that's gonna give you shitty ride quality. If you're not going to be stuffing your 285's into the fenders much (and it doesn't sound like you are). Then a 3" lift will be fine with no further modifications for rubbing... on the street.

For the rear you should be able to get an AAL kit to level you out.

Doing 3" of lift is also something I would get new upper control arms for, but there are folks on the forum who have stated that they did not get new UCA's and their truck rides like a dream/better than stock and I am a no-good moneywaster for putting aftermarket UCA's on my truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top