1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2009 Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab Lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by brentw59, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Aug 11, 2009 at 2:45 AM
    brentw59

brentw59 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Clovis CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma 4x4 DCSB Manual Inferno
    Basic Shit. Floor Mats, Seat Covers
    I'm new to this and was wondering if anyone could help with a lift ideas for my Taco. I will be taking it off road a lot and am worried about ground clearance. We have a lot of logging roads with steep erosion mounds cut on them. I have taken my 2 wheel drive short bed regular cab up alot of the roads with minimal scraping but the double cab has a longer wheel base. What lift do you guys suggest? I dont need to jump or get crazy just some hill climbing and ground clearance is good for me. I also keep reading about the bigger lifts and tire rubbing issues which I want no part of. Do you think a 3in with 33's would be ok or do I need to look into something bigger? Also I hear a lot about gearing. I had an 85 with 9in of lift and 36in Swampers on it. It had 4.88's in it and would pull the regular roads around here no problem and that was with the little 22R. These V6's have got to have plenty of power to pull 35's or am I way off. Any help would be much appreciated.

Brent

2. Aug 11, 2009 at 2:57 AM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    Click HEREto get some info on lifts. You can run 35's with a 6" lift, like FabTech.

Edit: If you want info about 6" lifts go HERE.

Products Discussed in

To Top