1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another Lift question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 04PrerunnerDC, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Feb 27, 2012 at 4:27 PM
    04PrerunnerDC

04PrerunnerDC [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bo
    Athens, GA
    I am going with a 3'' lift. I was originally looking at the toytec spacer, BUT have persuaded myself to give others a look. I am looking at Eibach springs, 5100s all around and AAL in back (until I can afford dakars) does this seem like a good setup? I should get a full 3'' in front or more..Correct? All I need are to use my old top plates with new coils and struts? I do very little and light offroading but dont want any failures or beat my truck to death like I have read with the spacers. Thanks in advance.

2. Feb 27, 2012 at 5:26 PM
    k9cop

k9cop if your not the lead dog, the view never changes

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
    10 tacoma dbl cab trd off road prerunner
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
    Pre runner? Do spindles, and all pro in the back. spindles will give you 4" lift, keep your stock coils and springs if you want and get the rear pack w/ ext billies. When you get more flow you can get coils and shocks if you want, plus with spindles you do not need uca's. 3" lift you will prob need new uca's. Maxtrac spindles are a good alternative to camburg's. If you are running stock wheels you will also need wheel spacers for spindles. 4.5 max b.s.

3. Feb 27, 2012 at 5:30 PM
    k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
    CST 3.5" spindles, King 2.5 rr ,All Pro Expo's, Ext. Billy 5100's rear, Ext rear All Pro brake lines, LR UCA's, debadged, Cobra 29,2ft firestick, satoshi by jim, ARB front bumper, Smittybuilt xrc8 winch, wethatecs, bhlm also by jimbob, belgium malinois and German Shepherd in bed
  4. Feb 27, 2012 at 6:28 PM
    04PrerunnerDC

04PrerunnerDC [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bo
    Athens, GA
    Seems like a little more than I need or afford. Looks like a good setup though.
    Only looking to drop around 600 bucks on stage 1. I's po man.

5. Feb 27, 2012 at 7:47 PM
    k9cop

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Hogwarts
    Vehicle:
    to get a "full" 3" you may be looking at a pro comp lift in that price range. I currently am running a pro comp lift and dude let me tell you it aint all that great. currently changing over to spindles billies all the way around and expo's. if you go with the set up you want you may not get to 3". But get it anyway and save up for spindles. just be carefull and don't waste your money like I did. The swap is costing me 1200. I f you can wait I would strongly recommend it. But the eibachs and billies are a great investment and either way your gonna need them.

Products Discussed in

To Top