Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Intermittent Wiper Write Up??

Old 09-24-2011, 11:28 PM   #1
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomathunder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomathunder
Intermittent Wiper Write Up??

Does anyone have one with pictures?? because the one linked in the cheap DIY Mods the pictures don't show up, and i'd like to be able to see what i have to do, before i do it.....thanks
Old 09-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #2
rjbb2 is on a distinguished road
Name: Bob
rjbb2's Tacoma Gallery
I just check this and the photos loaded ok for me? Maybe something blocking the pics on your pc? I have an 2011 and did it from these pics. Hardest part is removing the 2 covers. After that ten minutes tops to finish.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...html#post82545
Old 09-27-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbb2 View Post
I just check this and the photos loaded ok for me? Maybe something blocking the pics on your pc? I have an 2011 and did it from these pics. Hardest part is removing the 2 covers. After that ten minutes tops to finish.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...html#post82545
hey thanks! i was looking at a different link.....can anyone direct me to the part... i tried the website in the write up and didn't find it, unless i did something wrong please help!
Old 09-28-2011, 02:55 AM   #4
rjbb2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathunder View Post
hey thanks! i was looking at a different link.....can anyone direct me to the part... i tried the website in the write up and didn't find it, unless i did something wrong please help!
Since you have an 07 you might first try a salvage yard and save some $$$.
New these are about 120.00. Got mine from http://www.1sttoyotaparts.com
Look up your truck there and you will find it. Just make sure you order the intermittent stalk as they sell both the 2 speed and intermittent one.
I think ? for yours you want
part# 84652-04141 for 05-08
But
part# 84652-02610 would probably work too...it's for 09+
Old 09-28-2011, 03:11 AM   #5
rjbb2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathunder View Post
Juts checked 1sttoyota and found...see pic. List 2 but does not say if they are intermittent. Better call first before ordering.
Look under OEM catalog, steering wheel, switches...
Attached Thumbnails
Intermittent Wiper Write Up??-capture.jpg  
Old 09-29-2011, 07:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbb2 View Post
Juts checked 1sttoyota and found...see pic. List 2 but does not say if they are intermittent. Better call first before ordering.
Look under OEM catalog, steering wheel, switches...
thanks man...i found it now...they have it for 110 bucks...will be well worth it in the end so i don't have to keep flicking the wiper stalk every time it sprinkles out
Old 09-29-2011, 08:20 PM   #7
1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed1bad10tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
1bad10tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
This is my best mod yet. Super easy to do, have fun!
Old 10-18-2011, 10:34 PM   #8
ADVBedouin has a spectacular aura aboutADVBedouin has a spectacular aura about

ADVBedouin's Tacoma Gallery
Intermittant wiper mod

You guys rock. That pictorial link was perfect & it took me 10 minutes to do on my 2010 Tacoma Prerunner. I bought the switch from the 1sttoyota parts guys (Titus-Will Toyota) part# 84652-02610. Works perfectly.

I only caution y'all to match up the 4 small nipples & holes on the lower & upper steering column pieces, to ensure a perfect factory fit back together.