Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Disconnected Wires

Old 01-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
TOYCOMA. is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
TOYCOMA.'s Tacoma Gallery
Disconnected Wires

Hey, new to this forum. I feel dumb for asking but looked for over half an hour and could not find where this wiring harness connected back into. Seemed to have come lose after getting wrapped up on my e-brake pedal. It's been off for a couple of months due to me not knowing where it plugs into & to be honest there's nothing that I've noticed to not be working aside from my Temperature/Compass display, but thought maybe one of you guru's might know! Thanks in advance for any help along the way

- Mike

Old 01-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #2
Toyota Technician
Ryanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanv is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
Ryanv's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like trailer brake wire harness.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #3
for trailer brake lights if your towing a trailer? because i've towed a trailer since this has been unhooked & the break/signal lights look fine.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:32 AM   #4
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Not sure what that connects to, but maybe this will help you fix your overhead compass/temp... http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-temp-fix.html
Old 01-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
Thanks Chris. Actually found that thread while browsing the forums earlier so if i can find my soldering gun i'ma tackle that later today! Now if we can just find an expert on tacoma wiring haha. This thing is going to drive me nuts
Old 01-17-2013, 09:46 AM   #6
cdk has a spectacular aura aboutcdk has a spectacular aura about
Name: Chris
cdk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanv View Post
Looks like trailer brake wire harness.
x2. for the trailer brakes, not the lights.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #7
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
What do the wires that trace up behind the dash go to?

Leaning towards the trailer brakes myself as that is not a stock Toyota connector to my knowledge.