1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Code P2443 Secondary Air Injection Switching valve stuck 2013 Prerunner V6

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by JRCNKT, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Jan 3, 2014 at 5:03 AM
    JRCNKT

JRCNKT [OP] New Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Pre-Runner
    Just got it and working on the list.
    I've got less than 2500 miles on my 2013 Tacoma V6 and the check engine light went off. I've checked the code and it is showing as "P2443". (Secondary Air Injection Switching valve stuck). Has anyone seen this issue on the newer trucks? I saw that it was a problem on the 2007 tundra but cannot find anything for the tacoma. I am taking the truck into the dealership today but want to make they fix the problem!!

2. Jan 3, 2014 at 5:05 AM
    bldegle2

bldegle2 OldPhart

Member:
    San Francisco, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner TRD AccessCab
    New Navigation DVD/CD/TV/AV/Bluetooth Stereo and seat mod spacers, 1" hubcentric spacers, seat heaters....
    as long as its still throwing the code when they check it, warranty will cover it...

3. Jan 4, 2014 at 6:21 AM
    JRCNKT

JRCNKT [OP] New Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Pre-Runner
    They are replacing the air injection switch. They said that they Did not know why it was giving a error code but are taking care of it. The part Is on back order and will take a couple days.

4. Jan 31, 2014 at 9:30 AM
    JRCNKT

JRCNKT [OP] New Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Pre-Runner
    Ok so they part came in and was replaced but the truck is still giving the same error message. It's been in the shop all week. Hopefully t hey can figure it out. Any suggestions?

5. Jan 31, 2014 at 9:36 AM
    Artruck

Artruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lawrence, KS
    Vehicle:
    '09 Super Basic
    I would bet, if the part was back ordered, that there have been others having some issues as well. You have so much time ans mileage left on your factory warranty that even if they have to replace everything with the air injection you will be zero out of pocket. Did is the dealer keeping your truck and making you drive a loaner yaris?

6. Feb 26, 2014 at 5:39 PM
    Alloutdrs1

Alloutdrs1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    12' Mag gray Doublecab 4x4
    Distinct Offroad light bar, Rigid E-series and amber duallys, Leer 100xq, Oem roof rack, Oem bed mat, Bullculla trailer plug relocate bracket, Rear diff vent mod, front mud flap chop, Color matched Grille w/Andres devil horns, Wet okoles and weathertechs
    OP did the dealer ever get your truck fixed? My 2012 with 26k just threw this code tonight, Im hoping these pumps are not going to be an issue like the Tundra guys have with them. I have a 3pm appt. tomorrow so I will see what they say. any one else have this issue?

7. Feb 27, 2014 at 3:54 AM
    JRCNKT

JRCNKT [OP] New Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2013 Pre-Runner
    After replacing the part the code came back. They took my truck back for a couple of days and then called and said it was ready. When I asked them what the issue was they said it was a loose fuse pin. Its been working fine ever since.

8. Mar 3, 2014 at 8:43 AM
    Alloutdrs1

Alloutdrs1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    12' Mag gray Doublecab 4x4
    Distinct Offroad light bar, Rigid E-series and amber duallys, Leer 100xq, Oem roof rack, Oem bed mat, Bullculla trailer plug relocate bracket, Rear diff vent mod, front mud flap chop, Color matched Grille w/Andres devil horns, Wet okoles and weathertechs
    Thanks for the info, I took mine in this morning and they told me they tested the air pump systems and they passed and that code is cleared and that it might just be an intermittent issue. We will see, I expressed my concern over these parts being an issue with Toyota and I think that moisture is getting in them like the tundra's and freezing the valves. She made note of it in case I have any more issues. I just don't want to get outside of warranty and have these pumps fail, the tundra guys were shelling out 4k before Toyota extended there warranty to 10/150k on them.

9. Feb 4, 2015 at 10:32 AM
    MIDWESTTACO

MIDWESTTACO New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    iowa
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD sport doublecab
    I've got a 2015 TRD sport with 995 miles on it and it is at the Stealership for the second time now. First was the smog pump went out. Now i'm having the issue with the secondary air intake switch stuck in the on position.... It's very frustrating having a brand new vehicle that has been towed to the dealer TWICE now in its first 3 weeks on the road

10. May 3, 2015 at 4:02 PM
    Sean_gtr

Sean_gtr New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma Trail teams sport edition
    Airaid intake Power cycle throttle body spacer 8000k hid conversion TRD exhaust
    Hi guys, I have 2012 tacoma. And I've been having this code p2443 for a long time now. May.4 will be the 8th time that my truck is going to the dealership for the same issue. They have replaced the air pump, replaced sensors, removed the intake and put the stock intake back in. Last time they did an ECU upgrade. It seems like the dealership does not know what they are doing at this point because they seem to be doing trial and error work. I have called toyota Canada about this and expressed my concerns, at this point I'm not happy with how this issue isn't it solved yet.

Does anyone know any other possible solutions to this problem, or what work was done to others trucks to get this code to go away.?

If anyone knows anything about this problem, please let me know

Thanks
    , Sean

11. May 20, 2015 at 4:16 AM
    kbarwall

kbarwall New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    KEVIN
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    12' Double Cab Trd Sport 4x4 LB
    stock
    I just got this error code on the way to work this morning...bummer. Can anyone explain the function of this pump and what it purpose is. I will checked fused connections tonight, my truck is a 12' with 85k, so I assume its out of warranty at this point.

12. Jun 21, 2016 at 6:08 PM
    slcsez2000

slcsez2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    Exterior: -Current Suspension- Icon extended travel front struts w/ 700lb coils Icon extended travel Remote Resi rear shocks Dakar leaf pack Icon Tubular UCAs with covers Icon neoprene shock covers -OEM Roof Rack -2 fold down cup holders in bed -Bed bottle opener -Access lite rider roll up tonneau cover -AFE Prodry air filter -Pop and lock bed lock -Rear differential breather relocation mod (behind tail light) -Aeroturbine 2525XL Muffler Armor: -SOS Concepts bolt on sliders W/ kick out -SOS Concepts aluminum front bumper with full hoops -SOS Concepts Rear HC Bumper -SOS Concepts IFS/Mid skids
    what did you do for a fix...bump, I know this is old. Many folks having the problem here too
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/secondary-air-injection-switching-valve.381997/page-17

13. Oct 5, 2019 at 2:55 AM
    Sam091990

Sam091990 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Vehicle:
    BLK '12 DCLB PreRunner TRD Sport V6
    Marsauto LEDs in license tag lights Marsauto LEDs in map lights Yorkim Red LEDs in High mount brake light Zevo LED in dome light (may change that, it is not too bright)
    I am getting same on my truck with 2441 and 2445 to boot. 2012 Prerunner TRD Sport double cab with 101005 on the odo. Toyota Dealershipsaid I need a V6 tune-up that will cost $150 when i took it in for a recall, but did not say what it would cover. Oh and my I/M readiness says EVAP (Evaporative System Monitor) and AIR (Secondary Air Monitor) tests are inconclusive. My OBDII Scanner is Autel Autolink AL329.

Sam

14. Oct 6, 2019 at 4:04 AM
    slcsez2000

slcsez2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    Exterior: -Current Suspension- Icon extended travel front struts w/ 700lb coils Icon extended travel Remote Resi rear shocks Dakar leaf pack Icon Tubular UCAs with covers Icon neoprene shock covers -OEM Roof Rack -2 fold down cup holders in bed -Bed bottle opener -Access lite rider roll up tonneau cover -AFE Prodry air filter -Pop and lock bed lock -Rear differential breather relocation mod (behind tail light) -Aeroturbine 2525XL Muffler Armor: -SOS Concepts bolt on sliders W/ kick out -SOS Concepts aluminum front bumper with full hoops -SOS Concepts Rear HC Bumper -SOS Concepts IFS/Mid skids
    They should replace the whole system.
    Screw the tune up they just want more money.
    I ran the bypass for about 30-40k miles until the recall came out and finally took it in and they replaced the whole system last month.

Products Discussed in

To Top