1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Check Engine Light

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by tickett, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Aug 13, 2009 at 11:19 AM
    tickett

tickett [OP] New Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    06 Toyota Tocoma 4WD
    The check engine light has came on on my 2006 Tacoma. We have taken it to Autozone. They did not get anything to show up on their machine. We have also taken it to a mechanic, he too did not find anything. Any ideas? How can we get this light to go off? We tried unplugging the battery, thinking it would reset.

2. Aug 13, 2009 at 11:32 AM
    KenpachiZaraki

KenpachiZaraki Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex •﹏•
    Lubbock
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD. 325/275/365 SBD
    ALL POSER- Afe Pro Dry S drop in filter, 3" AP leaf pack, Eibach w/5100's up front, 5100's rear, Fog Light Mod, ABS off mod, Dash Light MOD, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Wicked Flow Bitches MAX Muffler, 4" floods, 20", 43" light bars, 265/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATm, oil catch can, rear diff breather relocate, Custome Sliders, SOS concepts Front bumper, Demon Eye Mod, backlit TRD emblem on bumper, Morimoto D2S projectors,
    The only reason the OBDll scanner at autozone didn't pick up any codes is because the check engine light HAS to be on with the key in the ON pos. If its not on, then the code reader will not pick anything up. This could also be due to the fact the it only turns on when you're actually driving the truck. I've had customers say that it turns on/off while they drive, but when I put the scanner in, nothing. No codes. Something in your truck could be on its way to failing I.e. mass air flow, o2, IAT, tps. It could be any number of things and I bet it will be something electrical. What I tell my customers sometimes is to take it to a place where you can get the inspection sticker. Why? Because they have the vehicle running while they do the OBDll test. . They shouldn't charge you, just ask them to see if your car is "ready" at autozone, unfortunately the vehicle is not running but with the key on. So anycodes stored on the ecu will be read by the OBDll. Hope I could be of some help! Let us know what happens. :D

3. Aug 13, 2009 at 11:36 AM
    Warped

Warped N4LJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Eastern Ky
    Vehicle:
    2021 Honda Ridgeline Sport AWD
  4. Aug 13, 2009 at 11:46 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Welcome to TW!
    If the light came on at start up, thats normal.

5. Aug 13, 2009 at 12:52 PM
    97Blk_one

97Blk_one Well-Known Member

Member:
    Memfrica
    Vehicle:
    not so low
    A whole lot,But not satify
    Did you removed the negative(-) from the battery,and leave it about 10 minute or so. Try it out.

Products Discussed in

To Top