Old 04-13-2013, 04:11 AM   #1402
gnawbone is on a distinguished road
Air Force: 548th RTG
Name: kj
gnawbone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
2005 and later all have them.
Good thinking, installation looks sharp.
There already are a couple of different versions of this posted. A couple are cheap and similar to yours (I think one replaces one of the knobs), and of course, Pop-Lock makes a complete steel replacement for just under $200 per side.
Thanks for the reference - I found what might be what you're talking about but I'm not sure. The one I found is less expensive so it may not be the same one:

$63.97 - http://www.popandlock.net/Manual_Tai...?product_id=87

Update: I found the Tuffy lockbox describe in a later post: $191 - http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-235-t...y-lockbox.aspx
Old 04-13-2013, 06:33 AM   #1403
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcgill View Post
Simple to do!
Took unit! Made by ( BYTECH) good for Tablets,GPS,Gaming Devices,mp3 players, mobile phones - 2.1 amp output! Found @ "5 Below" store.

Cut just above metal grounding tabs, split unit soldered wire (18AWG speaker wire )to pos and neg.
Shrink rapped it.

Drilled hole in the back end of console @ this location. I know DIRTY!!!

Glued unit in place!

Ran wires to fuse box found power only when on,tapped into, installed a 1 amp inline fuse, the ground wire, I grounded!
Good to go!!hyeah:
But now no one knows to only use capped bottles only in those cup holders.

Great idea and nice mod!
Old 05-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #1404
acoustictrout is on a distinguished road
Name: ed
acoustictrout's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Roland for the notes and pix for changing the wiper control arm. With your instructions it was easy and fast. The plastic knife works very well for prying apart the cover. I used a hard nylon knife from the kids cutlery set. It is a good idea to disconnect the battery so you don't accidently set off the airbag. Remove the negative lead--Why negative and not positive? It's so you won't weld the wrench to the chassis if you happen to touch it to a chassis part.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:44 AM   #1405
kevinjen is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
kevinjen's Tacoma Gallery
need more leg room

anyone have any idea what i can do to get more leg room in my 2003 4 door tacoma trd/sr5 ? is there something i can buy to relocate the seat mounts or do i need to fabracate something ? any help or advice would be very helpful
Old 05-14-2013, 10:33 PM   #1406
NewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis, Truck: Baja
NewRider's Tacoma Gallery
Just finished all 71 pages... Don't even have a truck yet but I've already got an EXTENSIVE list of mods to do when I get one soon.... Thanks guys!!
Old 05-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #1407
walleyeman is on a distinguished road
Name: louie
walleyeman's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2006 tacoma 4.0. I'm thinking of changing to a k&n cold air intake,someone told me i need to change mass flow sensor to. Does anybody have some ideas??? Thanks
Old 05-15-2013, 06:34 PM   #1408
mloco575 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
mloco575's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyeman View Post
I have a 2006 tacoma 4.0. I'm thinking of changing to a k&n cold air intake,someone told me i need to change mass flow sensor to. Does anybody have some ideas??? Thanks
I put a K&N on my 4.0 and didn't change my sensor... No problems after 20,000 miles but I am curious now that you said that
Old 05-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #1409
gottahot1 has a spectacular aura aboutgottahot1 has a spectacular aura about
Name: T.D.
gottahot1's Tacoma Gallery
I also have the K&N but didn't change my sensor. I'm not sure what the point would be. I thought you only had to change the sensor if you were adding a supercharger or turbo and were also installing larger injectors.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #1410
09redtac is on a distinguished road

Navy: slingshot airplanes
09redtac's Tacoma Gallery
I have replaced my taco air filter since I bought it new. I also removed the carbon filter and mesh screen. the truck is running better, quicker throttle responds and better gas mileage.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #1411
LOCO 4X4
lemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shedlemons is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Ryan
lemons's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Several ways to do this, but this one was the easiest for me, and I haven't had them come on 4-hours after turning the ignition off like other methods cause. Apparently at least one other method ties into some ignition or emissions circuit that turns on 4 hours after the truck is turned off to deal with emissions so the fogs come on for a few minutes. I parked in front of my living room window for a year after doing this and never saw them come on once so.....

Tools/items needed:
  • wire stripper
  • 1 quick splice
  • 1 female blade connector
  • 6" of wire
  • drill/bit same diameter as wire
  • shrink tube/electrical tape to reinforce crimp connection (optional)
  1. Locate the green wire on the plug in the pic
  2. splice into it
  3. run the wire to the fog light relay through a hole to keep it low and not hit the cover
  4. crimp on the female blade connector onto the wire
  5. pull the fog relay and bend the terminal in the pic to the side
  6. put the female blade connector onto the bent terminal on the fog relay
  7. replace fog relay

NOTE: The 2012 relay is located in a different position

This is how the relay tab is bent:

Edit:
Yes, this will allow you to turn the fog lights on or off whenever you want using the fog light switch as long as the key is turned to ACC or ON. Doesn't matter if headlights are on, off, low beam or high beam.

To help reduce confusion, this is what a quick splice looks like:
Just did this mod. I suck at wiring but it still only took all of 15 minutes and thats just because I had to find a wire that would work. Fog lights can turn on anytime the truck is on. Bad Ass.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #1412
waheed is on a distinguished road

Name: Waheed
waheed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Put a Maglite (or similarly shaped flashlight) on the driver's seat in easy reach getting out or opening the door. Do this instead of using the Toyota mount behind the driver-rear seat that rattles and makes you unload that seat, fold it, and then grab it.

Maglite makes a wall mount bracket, and there are similar mounts out there you can find.

I lined up the brackets, drilled through the plastic side panel on the seat, and used 2 5/8" rivets to mount each one.

Shared with Flock - The Social Web Browser
http://flock.com
Where did yaa get the mounts from dude??
Old 05-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #1413
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by waheed View Post
A hardware store. Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, etc should have them. I've actually stopped using it. The rivets were a pain in the ass to get right (kept pulling through the plastic on the seat), and one of them broke a couple weeks ago.

So now it's jammed in between the seat and the center console. Easier to just do that.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:19 PM   #1414
scorpio382 is on a distinguished road
Name: D-Man
scorpio382's Tacoma Gallery
Does the set belt chime code work for 2012 tacoma's?

[QUOTE=dsds;45925]Shoot, I wish I had an Offroad instead of the Sport to do the locker mod, abs, VSC stuff detailed earlier.

Here is a mod originally from TRDtoy79.
It is one of my favorites because it's free and clever (only for 2008):

How much are you willing to pay for me to tell you the code that turns the seat belt chime off?

No, I'm not kidding. I have the code and tested it on my '08 Taco.

No takers??? Fine then! Hope you enjoy listening to that endless, annoying seat belt chime.

OK, I give. Here it is. BTW you guys are no fun :

1) Turn the Car 'ON', but do not start the engine (Leave your foot off the brake). Cycle your trip reset knob until it reads ODO. Turn the ignition back off. Wait a couple of seconds.
2) Make sure seat belt is not fastened
3) Turn the ignition back on, do not start the car (Leave you foot off the break) As soon as you see everything light up, press and hold the trip reset knob and do a long 12 second count.
4) Keep your finger on the trip reset knob. Fasten your seat belt, as soon as you fasten your seat belt, you should see the ODO display go from XXXX miles to "b-on". At that time take your finger off the trip reset knob and press it again. It should cycle to "b-off". You should be all set and turn the ignition off and unfasten your seat belt.

SWEET!![/QUOTE

Does this code work with the 2012? Or is there a different code?
Old 05-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #1415
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by waheed View Post
I got mine on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/MAGLITE-ASXD02...maglight+mount
Old 05-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #1416
kai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kai38`'s Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=scorpio382;6951726]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsds View Post
Shoot, I wish I had an Offroad instead of the Sport to do the locker mod, abs, VSC stuff detailed earlier.

Here is a mod originally from TRDtoy79.
It is one of my favorites because it's free and clever (only for 2008):

How much are you willing to pay for me to tell you the code that turns the seat belt chime off?

No, I'm not kidding. I have the code and tested it on my '08 Taco.

No takers??? Fine then! Hope you enjoy listening to that endless, annoying seat belt chime.

OK, I give. Here it is. BTW you guys are no fun :

1) Turn the Car 'ON', but do not start the engine (Leave your foot off the brake). Cycle your trip reset knob until it reads ODO. Turn the ignition back off. Wait a couple of seconds.
2) Make sure seat belt is not fastened
3) Turn the ignition back on, do not start the car (Leave you foot off the break) As soon as you see everything light up, press and hold the trip reset knob and do a long 12 second count.
4) Keep your finger on the trip reset knob. Fasten your seat belt, as soon as you fasten your seat belt, you should see the ODO display go from XXXX miles to "b-on". At that time take your finger off the trip reset knob and press it again. It should cycle to "b-off". You should be all set and turn the ignition off and unfasten your seat belt.

SWEET!![/QUOTE

Does this code work with the 2012? Or is there a different code?
I've tried three times now on my 2013 and it doesn't seem to work.
Who is the evil bastard that thought it was easy to hold a button and reach across and put the seat belt in.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #1417
BigMick is on a distinguished road
Name: Mick
BigMick's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=kai38`;6952734]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio382 View Post

I've tried three times now on my 2013 and it doesn't seem to work.
Who is the evil bastard that thought it was easy to hold a button and reach across and put the seat belt in.
This procedure does not work on the 2013 models. It has to be changed by computer. Some (not all) dealers will do it no charge. Some dealers refuse for "liability" reasons.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:57 AM   #1418
rld is on a distinguished road

Army: Medic, 92 - 2000
Name: Randy
rld's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 05-31-2013, 09:53 AM   #1420
Whiskey Neat is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Mechanic - of sorts
Name: James
Whiskey Neat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote: