Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Technical Chat

Notices

Silence the Keyless Entry??

Old 06-01-2008, 08:44 PM   #1
bfriatc is on a distinguished road
bfriatc's Tacoma Gallery
Question Silence the Keyless Entry??

I have an 05 taco and got standard alarm/keyless entry from the dealer. Anyway to activate it without the LOUD horn going off everytime? I often come home late from work and don't want to wake anyone.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:54 AM   #2
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same issue when I bought my truck. You probably have at least a basic alarm in addition to the keyess entry. Instructions to disable the horn on activation would be in the alarm manual.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:19 AM   #3
bfriatc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
I had the same issue when I bought my truck. You probably have at least a basic alarm in addition to the keyess entry. Instructions to disable the horn on activation would be in the alarm manual.
Not sure my truck came with a seperate alarm manual. And it's been about 3 years, so I'm not sure tracking one down would be an easy task. What did you do to fix yours? Thanks!
Old 06-02-2008, 07:42 AM   #4
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Next time I'm in the truck I'll check. No guarantees if it will work if we have different alarm systems but what's the worst that can happen
Old 06-02-2008, 09:11 AM   #5
bfriatc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
Next time I'm in the truck I'll check. No guarantees if it will work if we have different alarm systems but what's the worst that can happen
Thanks! If it came from the dealer, probably a good chance it's similar.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:30 AM   #6
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfriatc View Post
I have an 05 taco and got standard alarm/keyless entry from the dealer. Anyway to activate it without the LOUD horn going off everytime? I often come home late from work and don't want to wake anyone.
Do you have a push button Valet switch to the left of the steering colume on the dash or just a flashing light?

Ed also had this posted which may help.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...a-manuals.html
Old 06-11-2008, 06:48 PM   #7
bfriatc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4x4trd View Post
Do you have a push button Valet switch to the left of the steering colume on the dash or just a flashing light?

Ed also had this posted which may help.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...a-manuals.html

Yes I do. I also found the instruction manual It was buried under the other endless paperwork that came with the truck. I have officially silenced the keyless entry! If anyone needs to know how, now I do. Thanks anyway.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:22 PM   #8
rwcfrank is a jewel in the roughrwcfrank is a jewel in the roughrwcfrank is a jewel in the rough
rwcfrank's Tacoma Gallery
Do you still have the instructions for silencing the horn?
Old 10-23-2008, 07:28 PM   #9
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfriatc View Post
Yes I do. I also found the instruction manual It was buried under the other endless paperwork that came with the truck. I have officially silenced the keyless entry! If anyone needs to know how, now I do. Thanks anyway.
When I got my '06, it had the same alarm. I actually turned ON the horn so I could tell if the truck locked (if it was loud out) rather than just listening for those actuators...