Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Windshield camera

Old 12-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
Morto un papa, se ne fa un'altro
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: EOD TEU1, MU 8, BUD/s 225, MA 9545
Name: Jason
motorsport36's Tacoma Gallery
Windshield camera

Does anyone have any good suggestions i.e. something you have used for a windshield camera? No results yeilded from the search option and the internet provides so many options it makes it had to decipher. I am looking for something that takes an SD card and preferably has a cycling system where it powers on when the car is on and stores files until full, and then replaces the oldest file with new footage.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #2
The Aviator
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Gopro???
Old 12-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #3
motorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotorsport36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have one. Not very user friendly as a dash cam for what I am looking for
Old 12-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #5
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i have thought about adding something just don’t know what or how.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #6

Thanks boss
Old 12-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsport36 View Post
I have one. Not very user friendly as a dash cam for what I am looking for
gopro with wi -fi = great
Old 12-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #8
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
I use my gopro as a dash came..and you're right, not user friendly at all. But it does have great results.when some ass notices the gopro, like magic their driving habits will change instantly lol..
Old 12-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #9
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
gopro with wi -fi = great
I need to upgrade
Old 12-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #10
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
$79
then if u have smart phone hyou can use that too instead of the remote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #11
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
I use my gopro as a dash came..and you're right, not user friendly at all. But it does have great results.when some ass notices the gopro, like magic their driving habits will change instantly lol..
lol. i have one of the old ones.(like the 1st one, i got back in í09) iím going to put it on the window for my road trip. just for fun.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #12
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
I do a hard wired GoPro .. but you really need a 64 GB chip ... 32 GB is OK though.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:23 PM   #13
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSHeloPilot View Post
I do a hard wired GoPro .. but you really need a 64 GB chip ... 32 GB is OK though.
I have the duel battery expansion pack with a 32g card..about the time the batteries are dead the card is almost at Max so it works out good
Old 12-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #14
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
I have the duel battery expansion pack with a 32g card..about the time the batteries are dead the card is almost at Max so it works out good
I need more memory ... but I did hardwire the cord into a USB cig plug. Had to a drill a hole in the waterproof case in the side, but it works very well, except for memory.

MonkeyProof ... Thanks for the tip ...
Old 12-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #15

I want live video feed with mph and other options. I mount a go pro when Im wheeln. I am looking for more of a jackass proof monitor for a hole drivers. I can run live video from my go pro with audio/video cables to my pioneer deck, but its a hassle and not convenient. The links above provide nice options.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsport36 View Post
I want live video feed with mph and other options. I mount a go pro when Im wheeln. I am looking for more of a jackass proof monitor for a hole drivers. I can run live video from my go pro with audio/video cables to my pioneer deck, but its a hassle and not convenient. The links above provide nice options.
Me too ... try L-3 Police Cams then ---> http://www.mobile-vision.com

I am trying to get a hold of some rarely used L-3 equipment now. I bid on 4 sets of it.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #18
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
One of the best HD dash cams on the market are the CR-500HD by FineVu found HERE and the Itronics ITB-100HD which I can not find a website for. You can read expert reviews and see spec/spec comparisons at http://dashcamtalk.com/dash-cam-comparison/

The FineVu CR-500HD is a brand new 2012 model and is exceptionally tiny, easily mountable, and has amazing video quality for both day and night, however, GPS tracking is an optional upgrade, and this model is fairly pricey. It has not been out long enough to have too many user reviews, so that is also a downside.

The iTronics ITB-100HD is probably the #1 consumer dash-cam for an affordable price. Only user complaints have been mic quality (which audio inside cab doesnt matter too much IMO) and power cable length (which can easily be extended with basic wiring skills). It is cheaper than the FineVu, and has built-in GPS.

Both items can safely be purchased from eBay, just watch out for knock offs. ebay user apple-ct is one of the cheapest and is also a known reliable and legit seller.

Hope all this helps
Old 12-29-2012, 12:36 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSHeloPilot View Post
Me too ... try L-3 Police Cams then ---> http://www.mobile-vision.com

I am trying to get a hold of some rarely used L-3 equipment now. I bid on 4 sets of it.

Good lookn out man. Thanks
Old 12-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #20
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
THATS right.