1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

oil/trans cooler - where to mount temp gauges

Discussion in 'Towing' started by wosneski, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Jun 23, 2008 at 11:09 AM
    wosneski

wosneski [OP] New Member

Member:
    miami, fl
    Vehicle:
    2RZ-FE/2wd (base)
    One tire bigger than the others-- Rebuilt title baby!
    Eventually I want to stretch the towing capacity of my '00 2rz-fe/2wd/RC/auto Tacoma from an estimated 2200# (couldn't find exact specs, but that's what an '08 150lbs-ft 2.3L/RC/auto/2wd Ford Ranger is spec'd for) to about 2600# (2100lb racecar + 500 lb tow dolly).

The goal is to use minimal but smart upgrades that keep costs down and MPG up.

Key in this plan is a dual fluid cooler like this Derale 13700 with its own electric fan
    http://store.summitracing.com/partd...924500+4294854215+4294888764+115&autoview=sku
    to cool the engine oil and trans.

What I am wondering is

(a) where should I plumb the trans temp gauge sender? Does this transmission have a handy "test port" on the trans to plumb one in (like the GM 4L60E)? Should I simply plumb it into the cooler input line?
    (b) Should I consider an oil temp gauge and/or pressure gauge too? All this basic truck has is engine coolant, speedo, and fuel level.
    (c) where should I mount these gauges? I tried www.pillarpod.com and www.summitracing.com for an A-pillar pod to no avail.
    (d) where should I mount the cooler itself? In front of the radiator or elsewhere?

Products Discussed in

To Top