1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Before and After lift towing?

Discussion in 'Towing' started by TacoGK, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Sep 5, 2010 at 2:24 PM
    TacoGK

TacoGK [OP] Making changes is always fun

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC trd offroad sr5 debadged
    20% tint JLAudio amp and 12" sub, custom fiberglass tool box, Color matched Satoshi Grille, Anytime Fog light mod, Anytime rearview camera, Leveling kit, Rear spring TSB, Moto Metal MO957 Black, 285/70/17 BFG AT KO, DTRL Stealth mod, Anytime locker mod, Constant power mod.
    I couldnt find an answer for what I really wanted to know by searching so I thought I would ask.

My wife and I have a 2010 DC TRD offroad that we use some times to tow our boat (Mako 1901 weights about 3500# loaded). It seems to pull it ok and I under stand it wont pull it anything like my 2006 2500HD Crew cab. We are looking to put a 3" lift and run 285's on it. I know from past experience that lifting a truck and putting bigger tires will effect the way it handles and how much it can tow. Just wondering what experiences all the Taco owners on here have had with towing before and after lift and tires? Are you as comfortable with towing the heavier loads with the lift and tires on it as you were before the mods? I know about electric brakes and how to tow and stop just more curious on how the taco will perform with the mods.

Thanks

2. Sep 5, 2010 at 2:55 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    You shouldnt have any problems towing that boat. If it were me, I would regear to 4:10's to better match the 33" tires.

3. Sep 5, 2010 at 8:47 PM
    cantac09

cantac09 Official TW Igloo Builder

Member:
    First Name:
    Hugh Jass
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    tundra
    stock
    i have a 4 inch lift with out regearing my truck and ive pulled my boat that weights 3000lbs with the trailer and i can pull it very easily.

Products Discussed in

To Top