Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Do I have the towing package

Old 12-25-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
jimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant future

Navy: AC3 got out in '99
jimmyzshack's Tacoma Gallery
Do I have the towing package

I'm trying to figure out if my truck has the towing package or not. The fan base is pink. is this the plug for the pre wired break controler? if so does this mean the truck has it?

Old 12-25-2010, 11:53 AM   #2
jammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant future

Name: James
jammdogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jammdogg
If you have the towing package, you should have a Class 4 receiver hitch, full wire harness, oil cooler and trans cooler. The trans cooler is behind the grille, and looks like a small radiator.

and Merry xmas!

James
Old 12-25-2010, 12:19 PM   #3
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Full wire harness in the cab. I had done a TRD rear axle swap on my tacoma. I had to get the wire harness from the cab to the axle from a junk yard. Unless it's different on the 2nd gen tacomas...
Old 12-25-2010, 12:35 PM   #4
jimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant futurejimmyzshack has a brilliant future

Navy: AC3 got out in '99
jimmyzshack's Tacoma Gallery
Don't think i do i don't see a trans cooler. still like to know what this plug is for.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #5
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I think I have a plug that looks similar to the one in the picture under my drivers dash. If you pop the blank plate where your diff lock button goes and there is a plug there you should be wired in the cab. I wonder if toyota wired from the cab to the axle...

Sorry, I am not sure what that plug is for...
Old 12-25-2010, 12:43 PM   #6

Oops wired in the cab for the TRD locker..