Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

supercharger vs. towing performance

Old 01-31-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
the ghost
hedman is a glorious beacon of lighthedman is a glorious beacon of lighthedman is a glorious beacon of lighthedman is a glorious beacon of lighthedman is a glorious beacon of light

hedman's Tacoma Gallery
Question supercharger vs. towing performance

I'v looked throughout the site to try and find out if anyone has done this yet with no luck so i figured i'd post a new thread and ask all of you.

The question is that if i was to supercharge my truck, would it increase the towing PERFORMANCE and allow me to tow the heavy loads, plus achieve better gas mileage. Also curious if it will help me maintain speed up the hills that normally slow me down with my trailer behind me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also i know that this doesn't increase towing capacity
Old 01-31-2011, 10:01 AM   #2
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
No gas mileage will drop even more. It might help you maintain a little more speed...however you can just mash the gas further if you didn't have the s/c.

Brakes help you slow down.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:22 PM   #3
the ghost
hedman is a glorious beacon of lighthedman is a glorious beacon of lighthedman is a glorious beacon of lighthedman is a glorious beacon of lighthedman is a glorious beacon of light

hedman's Tacoma Gallery
do you have any suggestions other than keeping the foot out of it on improving the towing gas mileage like cat back or headers or something.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:23 PM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
only way to improve gas mileage is to lay out of the gas
Old 02-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #5
F-125Racer is on a distinguished road

F-125Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
No gas mileage will drop even more. It might help you maintain a little more speed...however you can just mash the gas further if you didn't have the s/c.

Brakes help you slow down.
Ummm, no. The gas mileage will not drop farther. I tow with a S/C.
Check out the thread "6 Cylinder Towing Review"
Old 02-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #6
Motivator
YayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Police Caller
YayAreaTaco0311's Tacoma Gallery
I have a super charger but haven't towed yet. My gas mileage stinks. Maybe it's due to the aggressive a/t tires I have... Around the city, I get between 8-10 MPG. On the freeway, I get between 16-18. It's also very picky about gas. Costco gas gives me the worst mileage.

The only way to save gas is to leave the Taco at home and take the bus.