Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

2" Receiver Hitch

Old 02-10-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
vtman 908 is on a distinguished road
vtman 908's Tacoma Gallery
2" Receiver Hitch

I'm looking to add a 2" receiver hitch to my tacoma and I was wondering if it really matters what I get. Could someone link me a website of a hitch that I should look at before I order.

Thanks
Old 02-10-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
jmoreau is on a distinguished road

Army: Track Commander, M113 "Miclic"
Name: Josh
jmoreau's Tacoma Gallery
Autozone had everything I needed (including the converter for the 4-prong). I believe Wal-Mart does too.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:53 PM   #3
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I picked mine up from Lowes. Reese manufactures it and so far, after 2 years, so problems with it. The only changes I made to it was in addition to bolting it together, I went ahead and welded the two pieces to sturdy it up.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of good brands, just make sure you get receiver made by one of the brands with a good reputation. I'd look at Hidden Hitch, Uhaul, Reese or an OEM assembly. I've heard mixed reviews on Curt hitches on here but have no experience with them personally. I've got a Hidden Hitch and it was very easy to install. I purchased from Autoanything.com. Uhaul will install the receiver for you and, if you have any problems, you can take it to any Uhaul for an adjustment.