Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

7way to a 4 way female adapter

Old 03-18-2011, 06:29 AM   #1
Vanellies is on a distinguished road
Vanellies's Tacoma Gallery
7way to a 4 way female adapter

Hello,

I just picked up a 7 to 4 way adapter. I have a question about the blue and yellow and white wires. I'm pretty sure that you hook the blue wires up to your back up lights. I think white is the ground, but where does the yellow wire go? Also how do I gain access to the blue backup lights so I can splice them all together?

I have a 2003 double cab TRD Tacoma

Thanks

Van
Old 03-18-2011, 06:48 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Pics would help. Did the wiring harness come with any sort of wiring diagram? If I'm reading your post correctly, you're trying to wire up a 4-pin trailer wiring harness?? In which case, you do not tap into your back-up lights. The 4 wires would connect to the brake/running lights, one for each turn signal and one is a ground.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:03 AM   #3
I already have a 4 way flat I'm trying to install a 7-way round, because my trailer has breaks on it.

Here is the part I have purchased. http://reese.cequent-cpi.com/product...l.asp?ID=85342

I was just wondering how I would gain access to the wires, so I could splice the yellow to the reverse lights and also hook up the blue and black wires.

Thanks

Van
Old 03-18-2011, 07:04 AM   #4
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanellies View Post
Hello,

I just picked up a 7 to 4 way adapter. I have a question about the blue and yellow and white wires. I'm pretty sure that you hook the blue wires up to your back up lights. I think white is the ground, but where does the yellow wire go? Also how do I gain access to the blue backup lights so I can splice them all together?

I have a 2003 double cab TRD Tacoma

Thanks

Van
Are you talking about this?

Old 03-18-2011, 07:07 AM   #5
Yes that is it.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:20 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry about that... scratch my last post, I misunderstood what you were asking about.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:49 AM   #7
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
See if this helps you. They have a video and an explanation.

http://www.etrailer.com/Wiring/Hopkins/37185.html