Notices

Anyone own, used or researched...

Old 06-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
HXC is on a distinguished road
Navy: Fire Controlman
Name: Cory
HXC's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone own, used or researched...

anyone owned used or researched the a style pop up or tear drop trailers? I am looking for a trailer, just basic, to keep me and my wife out of the elements while we sleep.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #2
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HXC View Post
anyone owned used or researched the a style pop up or tear drop trailers? I am looking for a trailer, just basic, to keep me and my wife out of the elements while we sleep.
I've looked at both and each has it's own nitch. The "A" frame imo is so much better than the cloth style. Flip up panels and it's done.

The tear drop is so cool. Pull over and jump in and sleep/ cook out the back.
Darn things don't weigh anything. You can customize and mod this thing.
If your only looking for the sleep part the teardrop is easier. If you want a little more room and cook while it's raining out the the A frame is the ticket.
Do go with the bigger sizes.
To be honest i haven't slept in either but have been thinking of the time i'll have one or the other.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Robertgeejr1's Tacoma Gallery
when I was a kid we had a little scottsman pop up, my dad pulled with his scout.
they work great, and newer ones are really nice.
the only trick is to remember its back there my dad is a truck driver, and he forgot once and while backing up jack-knifed the trailer and bent the tongue.

most dont have bathrooms, my dad got a pop up tent and put mom's "thunder jug" in there.

it was a frame and lots of room, BUT, we were on the outer banks one fall and a suprise nor easter sprang up and that night in a gale, that little camper was rocking like crazy, and some of the fabric ripped.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:45 PM   #4
HXC is on a distinguished road
Navy: Fire Controlman
Name: Cory
HXC's Tacoma Gallery
The A style is hard sided, there isnt any canvas other than where it pivots at the top when you raise it. I know that one company has an addition called "high winds" Im assuming it has a few more secure points when it is raised. I have no real issues with elements during the day I just hate it when you are trying to sleep and your tent is sleeping on top of you. Done it for way to long.