Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Reduce to one propane tank

Old 09-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #1
tractng is on a distinguished road
tractng's Tacoma Gallery
Reduce to one propane tank

Current 22ft trailer is 3926 in dry weight (2006 Thor Summit 22RB). Tongue weight is 416lbs. I am thinking of just using one propane tank to reduce tongue weight (each tank is 52lbs).

I just need to cap the other propane line? The current setup has an arrow manual switch (left, right, both tank). I plan to center the single tank. Anybody done this just to reduce tongue weight?
Old 09-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Why do you want to reduce tongue weight? Does the trailer push you around? Do you have equalizers?
Old 09-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #3
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Why not just put the tanks on the back side of axle with in transit then when you get to your destination put them up front and hook them up.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #4
tractng's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
Why do you want to reduce tongue weight? Does the trailer push you around? Do you have equalizers?

Actually it is stable. But the thought of reducing the weight might be a benefit?

Warhorseforever,

Your idea is great but don't you want to at least center the tank? I guess 52lbs doesn't make a big difference if it is centered.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Your average trailer tongue weight should be %10 of the dry weight. It should be right around 392lbs for your trailer and your at 416. Thats pretty much perfect and i wouldnt worry about it unless you want more space on your tongue.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:25 AM   #6
tractng's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
Your average trailer tongue weight should be %10 of the dry weight. It should be right around 392lbs for your trailer and your at 416. Thats pretty much perfect and i wouldnt worry about it unless you want more space on your tongue.

I was thinking that is with dry weight (excluding propane tanks = 104 lbs & battery). I guess I am in range of the proportional tongue weight.

I do have WDH.