Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

Just a few questions

Old 04-03-2013, 11:59 PM   #1
Payduck is on a distinguished road
Payduck's Tacoma Gallery
Just a few questions

Hi everyone. i just got my first tacoma, a 2013 Prerunner 2.7 4cyl SR5 and i am in love with it.

I am an avid fisherman and i have recently been looking at a boat and i am not worried about the truck being able to tow it (after reading the 4cyl towing thread)

and i was just wondering 2 things.

1: will getting a tranny cooler installed void the warranty?
2: will removing the charcoal secondary air filter void the warranty?

Thanks! i am really loving this site!

-P
Old 04-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #2
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
from what i've read it will only void your warranty if the thing you put in was a direct cause of your warranty. i.e. if you replace your bumper and your motor blows it's still under warranty. but if you put a turbo on your motor and blow it, it will not.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #3
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
direct cause of failure, not warranty*
Old 04-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #4
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Basically.

Doubt either of those would even cause headache getting the warranty work done. But if they do the dealer has to prove to you that it was your aftermarket parts that caused the failure. 9 times out of 10, they won't be able to (cause it was never your part to begin with) and you'll get your warranty stuff covered.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #5
Payduck is on a distinguished road
Payduck's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the help guys!

How much does it normally cost to have a tranny cooler installed?

Thanks!
Old 04-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #6
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
it shouldnt cost more then 200, its a relatively easy job. call your local pepboys aamco meineke see if any of them can do it, any basic mechanic should be able to knock it out