Notices

Hanging a motorcycle on front

Old 01-21-2014, 09:41 AM   #1
timburn is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
timburn's Tacoma Gallery
Hanging a motorcycle on front

Hello folks,
Pretty new member. I have a friend who carries a motorcycle (Yamaha 225) on front hitch when towing camper on his tundra. I plan on doing same thing on my Tacoma. Bought a Kawasaki KLX250S. curb weight 295. Put the hitch on front. Already own carrier. Test ride waiting for the snow to stop. Any thoughts, concerns,advice?
Tim
Old 01-21-2014, 09:47 AM   #2
Nick82 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Nick
Nick82's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think you'll have any problems as long as your front receiver hitch is properly mounted to carry the weight. If it's an occasional haul you'll be fine if you start hauling it often that way you may prematurely wear out your factory springs. In that case you may want to consider some ome springs.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:49 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
There is a member here that was doing the same thing, I can't remember his screen name though. I'd imagine the front would be pretty saggy, if you plan on doing that frequently I'd consider stronger springs but otherwise, I'm sure it'll be fine. That is a lot of stress on the front end so, again if you do it frequently, get ready for things to wear out prematurely.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:22 AM   #4
FishaRnekEd is one of the sharper tools in the shedFishaRnekEd is one of the sharper tools in the shedFishaRnekEd is one of the sharper tools in the shedFishaRnekEd is one of the sharper tools in the shedFishaRnekEd is one of the sharper tools in the shedFishaRnekEd is one of the sharper tools in the shedFishaRnekEd is one of the sharper tools in the shedFishaRnekEd is one of the sharper tools in the shedFishaRnekEd is one of the sharper tools in the shedFishaRnekEd is one of the sharper tools in the shedFishaRnekEd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
FishaRnekEd's Tacoma Gallery
What hitch are you using brand/model number? pictures?