1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Extended distance of ProEFX mirrors

Discussion in 'Towing' started by Storis, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Sep 26, 2014 at 4:37 PM
    Storis

Storis [OP] Member

Member:
    My daughter has a 102" wide enclosed trailer that is 20" long. She has a set of Mckesh mirrors and you can see all the way down the side of the trailer with them, but she never uses them because it takes to long to put them on, according to her. I saw a picture on the internet taken into the proEFX mirrors and it didn't seem to me like you could see down the side of the trailer, I am interested in the ProEFX mirrors because they are permanently mounted and tip out when needed, but if they don't extend out far enough to see down the side of her trailer theres no sense in getting them. I would like to know how far out they extend from the truck in towing position, and how well they work on wide trailers. Thanks.

2. Sep 29, 2014 at 7:27 AM
    oldstick

oldstick Medicare Member

Member:
    GA
    I have the PRO EFXs but probably can't give an exact answer since my trailer is supposedly 95 inches (haven't measured it exactly) and I can see down both sides but I find find myself wishing they were out just a tad further. I probably don't really need that and it may just be me being a newbie with trailers this size. Our previous pop-up camper, I was used to seeing a tad more of an angle view of the sides (even with the standard mirrors), plus I could see over the top also.

Hopefully someone can jump in who has the exact combination you are asking about.

3. Sep 29, 2014 at 7:36 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch" Still Stock Concept Truck
    Shtuff
    Here's a shot posted by mach1man001 in his GB thread. Probably won't be another GB until next year, but his company stocks them regularly. Hope that helps.

4. Sep 29, 2014 at 8:05 AM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    I posted this just so people could see what kind of view you have with the wide trailers. It's a 101" enclosed snowmobile trailer. Contact me anytime if you have any questions or if you want to order. :)

[​IMG]

Thanks Rob. Your on the ball. :thumbsup: Guess I don't look around the site quite enough. :rolleyes: :D:D:D

5. Sep 29, 2014 at 8:13 AM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch" Still Stock Concept Truck
    Shtuff
    Welcome. I got time on my hands every so often, and this is how I spend some of it. Wasn't always that way, my kids are grown now. ;)

Still very happy with my mirrors every time I tow. Couple frosty mornings recently, heat works perfect and is SO nice to have. :D I'll keep pointing folks your direction when the opportunity arises. :cool:

6. Sep 29, 2014 at 8:36 AM
    mach1man001

mach1man001 eh whatever

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Blackstone, MA
    Vehicle:
    '09 Sport DCLB Met Grey
    Toyota bed mat (1st mod), Toyota all season floor mats, Rear spring TSB, Map light mod, Fog light mod, Putco yellow fog bulbs, Weather Tech window vents, Extra d-rings, Mounted mag light, TRD CAI with AFE pro dry filter, '05 front mud flaps (winter only), 2 set's of wheels/tires, 285/75/16 Hankook MT's, Black Painted 1st Gen TRD wheels (wheeling set) Black powder coated FJ Cruiser with 265/70/17 BFGoodrich KO2's (everyday), painted center of grill & bumper black, Devil horns, OME with 885's + spacers front, OME shocks w/OMD designed rear springs, Front diff drop, Rear trailer plug relocate, ATO IFS skid, Relentless Trans & Transfer skids, BAMF bolt on rock sliders, Relentless tailgate reinforcement, Uniden 75 CB radio, BAMF antenna bracket, TRD exhaust, high lift jack w/ATO mounts. And of course ProEFX Towing Mirrors!
    Thanks. You sir are a gentleman.

Products Discussed in

To Top