Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Towing

Notices

OEM towing harness

Old 11-15-2014, 07:28 PM   #1
euroshowoff is one of the sharper tools in the shedeuroshowoff is one of the sharper tools in the shedeuroshowoff is one of the sharper tools in the shedeuroshowoff is one of the sharper tools in the shedeuroshowoff is one of the sharper tools in the shedeuroshowoff is one of the sharper tools in the shedeuroshowoff is one of the sharper tools in the shedeuroshowoff is one of the sharper tools in the shedeuroshowoff is one of the sharper tools in the shedeuroshowoff is one of the sharper tools in the shedeuroshowoff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

euroshowoff's Tacoma Gallery
OEM towing harness

Think I would get better feedback in this sub forum. Is there any installation differences between the oem harness and the harnesses sold by etrailer? Forgot to mention I only require the flat 4 pin connector
Old 02-26-2015, 10:54 AM   #3
Kirby Bay is on a distinguished road
Kirby Bay's Tacoma Gallery
The "T" connector harness (E-Trailer) takes about 30 minutes to install, and the oem wiring harness about 4 hours to install. My last T-connector lasted 12 years and worked find, the one I got last year for my 2014 Tocoma, failed just before dark and 4 hours from home, lost all tail lights, blinkers, and brake lights. A hundred dollars lighter in the pocket for a hotel room, I drove home the next day. The T connector had about 50 to 60 hours of use. I removed the t-connection harness and ordered a OEM harness, 3 days later, I installed the hardness. The cost of the T-connection and the hotel room was the same as the OEM connection. Sometimes it is to do it right the first time.