1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OEM towing harness

Discussion in 'Towing' started by euroshowoff, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Nov 15, 2014 at 6:28 PM
    euroshowoff

euroshowoff [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle:
    15 Superwhite DCSB 4x4 V6
    Toytec lift, Trailgear sliders, CBI ditch light brackets, Trailtoys LED ditch lights, Trailtoys LED reverse pods, Custom Roll-Bar, TRD skid plate, TRD sport grill, TRD custom bedsides, Custom BlueSea wiring block, OTTRAW Rockers, Pro Comp 7036, BFGoodrich KO2s, Bestop soft topper,VIAIR 88p
    Think I would get better feedback in this sub forum. Is there any installation differences between the oem harness and the harnesses sold by etrailer? Forgot to mention I only require the flat 4 pin connector

2. Nov 16, 2014 at 4:33 AM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
  3. Feb 26, 2015 at 9:54 AM
    Kirby Bay

Kirby Bay New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Tocoma
    The "T" connector harness (E-Trailer) takes about 30 minutes to install, and the oem wiring harness about 4 hours to install. My last T-connector lasted 12 years and worked find, the one I got last year for my 2014 Tocoma, failed just before dark and 4 hours from home, lost all tail lights, blinkers, and brake lights. A hundred dollars lighter in the pocket for a hotel room, I drove home the next day. The T connector had about 50 to 60 hours of use. I removed the t-connection harness and ordered a OEM harness, 3 days later, I installed the hardness. The cost of the T-connection and the hotel room was the same as the OEM connection. Sometimes it is to do it right the first time.

Products Discussed in

To Top