1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rock and Roll Offroad

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by disc0monkey, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Apr 10, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    disc0monkey

disc0monkey [OP] All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!

Member:
    As many of you know I have been waiting for my front MT setup since the last week of December from Rock and Roll Offroad in ftw Texas. After calling at least every two weeks and countless emails(with no response) I was getting empty promises. Another week, another week. Trying to be as patient as possible, I wasn't in any rush anyway.

About a week and a half ago, I called Swayaway and they have no record of any order. I called Rock and Roll and they said someone else ordered the same setup and they will have to call ICON to get a price and get me ICONs. As of yesterday I asked for a credit to my card and they just ignored my request saying they are waiting to hear back from ICON to get a price. Why would it take over a week to get a quote from ICON??

Unfortunately, I sent more emails requesting a credit, finally needing to open a dispute with my credit card company. I wanted to post my story because there were no negative reviews with this place so I was confident in them, but obviously I should've cancelled a long time ago.

I told them I opened a dispute and just do the right thing and credit my card. They won't do that either.

2. Apr 29, 2013 at 10:23 AM
    50calthreat

50calthreat New Member

Member:
    I don't have a Tacoma but I have had several bad experiences with Rock and Roll Offroad in NRH, Texas. One of them was just flat out lying about ordering the required parts, some manufacturers (plural) told me that they've been through this before and the parts are in stock. I hate bashing folks and I'm not even going to go into the numerous other problems I had with these guys but figured I would make sure people know these guys are shady.

3. Apr 29, 2013 at 10:27 AM
    RV7Garage

RV7Garage R.O.U.S.

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Ill Annoy
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Offroad, Nautical Blue
    Disable DRL, Jailbreak Fog Lights, ARE topper
    Sounds like a bunch of crooks :(

Hopefully your CC will take care of it.

4. Jun 5, 2013 at 2:31 PM
    disc0monkey

Member:
    Finally got my charge back from my credit card. The owner Jared is a total weasel. Hopefully no one else will get hosed.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  5. Jul 11, 2013 at 5:11 PM
    brandonlamb25

brandonlamb25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    08 Crewcab Prerunner V6
    K&N Intake, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Ipod to Factory radio hookup kit, Black Low Pro Toolbox, Toytec Coilovers and 285/75r16 BFG MT's
    I ordered from them on July 1st. No product still. I called a few days after the order was placed to see if it had shipped. It hadn't. They claimed that Total Chaos (my order was for replacement UCA bushings) was closed for two weeks. Hmmmmm. I ordered from them because the product was "in stock". Jared, huge A hole btw, told me to email him and he'd give me a tracking number. A week later....nothing. I called today to cancel the order since my card hasn't been charged yet. He said he couldn't cancel it because it would ship today. I insisted that he cancel it and is go elsewhere. He then asked me to email him and I informed him that we had been down that route before and refused to do it again. Long story short he would not cancel my order so I called my card company and blocked them from charging it. NEVER DEAL WITH THEM EVER!!!!

6. Jul 12, 2013 at 9:25 AM
    disc0monkey

Member:
    Wow not surprising. That guy Jared must be dumb as a rock. Wonder how long that business will last.

7. Jul 12, 2013 at 9:32 AM
    brandonlamb25

brandonlamb25 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    08 Crewcab Prerunner V6
    K&N Intake, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Ipod to Factory radio hookup kit, Black Low Pro Toolbox, Toytec Coilovers and 285/75r16 BFG MT's
    Not dumb. Just a crook.

8. Jun 9, 2014 at 8:20 AM
    disc0monkey

Member:
    to the top for these clowns

9. Nov 29, 2014 at 2:11 PM
    htuong95

htuong95 Have a nice day

Member:
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma 4x4
    Full OME suspension, Level 8 Tracker 16" wheels, BFG T/A KO 285/75/16, etc., work in progress...
To Top