Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

who offroads a 255?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
who offroads a 255?

ive read the posts...just curious to hear from guys that daily drive and wheel there taco with 255-75-17 ? i parked next to a rubicon today and they didnt look to bad....there 32+ inches tall so they have clerance (i was gonna go with 285-70-17) im ordering my billys this week ....i will run them on stock wheels with probly a 1in or 1.5in spacers....seems like a great mix of mpg's light weight,traction,and there cheap......the other question is do i get bfg km's,firestone m/t,nitto trail grappler,or mtr kevlar....the bfg's are the cheapest ? i daily drive my truck and am really gonna focus on true wheeling at least once a month plus muddy jobsites,hunting etc........love some input on how the skinny tire does/hold up....i plan on a trip to rausch creek next month with some friends if anyone may be interested....
Old 05-10-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...xperience.html
Old 05-10-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
navysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shednavysealboy93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11 Bang Bang Infantry
Name: Zach
navysealboy93's Tacoma Gallery
^thread there looks great. I got a chance to go to Rausch Creek with my 255/85 equipped truck and I was very pleased with how they did. I only got to go on the green trails so I can't talk about serous offroad performance, but it seems that nothing at Rausch is a total cake walk.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...re-thread.html

Here's a link to the meet pictures.

I've also done some light mud and driving on the beach (also pulling out another stuck vehicle) and I didn't feel like they were in any danger of leaving me stuck.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:24 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i ran 255/75/17 KM1s and they were great on and off road. you can prolly get them pretty damn cheap still off ebay. they only make that size now especially for the rubicons.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:31 AM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
back when i got my km1s, i paid like $460 shipped off ebay. (4)
Old 11-20-2011, 01:42 PM   #8
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
thread update i got my km2's in 255-80-17 about 15,000 miles ago now and they have been amazing!!! didnt affect milage made highway driving much better and at 15psi it grabs rocks like crazy and pulls through mud i drive the highway 70+ ,iles a day at 80mph and there great after 15,000 hard miles there probly only worn down 35%...looking at 40,000 miles from these if i dont get 35's before then....
Old 11-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #9
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I was / am seriously considering the 255/80/17 km2's for my truck but have recently considered opting for the 255/75/17 Hankook ATm
Old 11-20-2011, 04:03 PM   #10
I'd rather be hunting!
huntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
huntark03's Tacoma Gallery
I've got them and really like them!
Old 11-20-2011, 04:21 PM   #11
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntark03 View Post
I've got them and really like them!
You've got which ? The km2's or the Hankook ATm's ?
Old 11-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
OZ- if you dont want a m/t look at the cooper st's there a good a/t that ive run in 265's before and you can get them in 255-80-17...but the km2's are nice and easy for street use
I will , thanks
Old 11-20-2011, 04:52 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I can't seem to find anyone in Canada that has the Cooper st in 255/80/17

Edit :

Just went on the Cooper tire site , you can't get the ST in 255/80/17
Old 11-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im pretty sure 08pretaco runs them....? maybe they stoped making them recently?
Maybe he's running 255/85/16
Old 11-20-2011, 05:26 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yup you are correct they are the 16's....http://www.nextag.com/255-85-16-tires/stores-html
sorry
No worries bud