Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Level 8 wheels?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #21
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
I'm stuck between the Guardian and the Black Rhino Keyhole. Love them both. Thinking the Guardian in bronze would look pretty nice on BSP truck. I should have this figured out in another 3-4 weeks. Lol.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #22
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

bizjettech's Tacoma Gallery
How do I find out what the backspace measurement is of these wheels in 16x8 and 17x8?
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/pr...st6.mtb.xl.jpg
Old 01-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #23
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

bizjettech's Tacoma Gallery
These level 8's.....

look just like these racelines......
http://www.racelinewheels.com/p-748-...e-6-black.aspx
Old 01-19-2012, 09:33 AM   #24
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Discount Tire Direct's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizjettech View Post
How do I find out what the backspace measurement is of these wheels in 16x8 and 17x8?
We list the offset in the size description so you can convert it into backspace. Hopefully we'll be adding backspace to our site soon.

The 16x8.5 ET-6 Strike 6 has 4.5" of backspace and the 17x9 ET-12 also has 4.5" of backspace. The Strike 6 in the 6-139.7 bolt pattern is not procuded in size 16x8 or 17x8.

Check out this write-up we did on offset and backspace.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...ey-relate.html
Old 01-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #25
98regstick is a jewel in the rough98regstick is a jewel in the rough98regstick is a jewel in the rough

Name: Chris
98regstick's Tacoma Gallery
thinking about getting the guardians myself in the next week or two.

Discount tire: is it confirmed the guardians clear the brake calipers with a 16" wheel? i know the site says they do, but you know how that can go...
Old 01-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #26
Wheel and Tire Guys
Discount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant futureDiscount Tire Direct has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98regstick View Post

Discount tire: is it confirmed the guardians clear the brake calipers with a 16" wheel? i know the site says they do, but you know how that can go...
The 16x8.5 Guardian is a guaranteed fit for your application We've sold this size on many Tacomas without any brake clearance issues.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:57 PM   #27
98regstick is a jewel in the rough98regstick is a jewel in the rough98regstick is a jewel in the rough

Name: Chris
98regstick's Tacoma Gallery
sweet! thanks for the timely response!
Old 01-22-2012, 06:46 PM   #28
Jeffsdeere is on a distinguished road
EMS: Life Saver
Name: Jeff
Jeffsdeere's Tacoma Gallery
I have the guardians and love them. The only thing I didn't like was the hub covers so I am running without them
Old 01-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #29
06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

06indigoink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct View Post
The 16x8.5 Guardian is a guaranteed fit for your application We've sold this size on many Tacomas without any brake clearance issues.
is there a Tacomaworld discount maybe?
Old 01-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #30
tacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaforlife is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robbie
tacomaforlife's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98regstick View Post

X2 come tax return time!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #32
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I'm liking these wheels.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #33
Wheel and Tire Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffsdeere View Post
I have the guardians and love them. The only thing I didn't like was the hub covers so I am running without them
I'm not sure if I mentioned this before on some of the other thread threads regarding this wheel but the Guardian comes standard with 55mm caps. Level 8 does offer a 35mm cap for only $13.00 per wheel if your interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06indigoink View Post
is there a Tacomaworld discount maybe?
Unlike some of our competitors, we do not inflate our prices just to offer a discount to a select group. Instead we guarantee the lowest out the door price on all the products we carry for everyone. if a competitor ever has a cheaper advertised out the door price, we'll beat it
Old 01-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #34
bito is on a distinguished road
bito's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffsdeere View Post
Do you have a pic mounted without the hub covers?
Old 01-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #35
IluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Demolition
IluvTEA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm not sure if I mentioned this before on some of the other thread threads regarding this wheel but the Guardian comes standard with 55mm caps. Level 8 does offer a 35mm cap for only $13.00 per wheel if your interested.
I did not know that. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by bito View Post
Do you have a pic mounted without the hub covers?
He does...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...ml#post3742210
Old 01-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #36
OldDog is on a distinguished road
OldDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
will the Level 8 Tracker 16x8.5 with 4.5 bs fit the tacoma also ?
Old 01-28-2012, 08:06 AM   #37
Wheel and Tire Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
will the Level 8 Tracker 16x8.5 with 4.5 bs fit the tacoma also ?
They do but only on 4x4 and pre-runner/sport package models.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #38
cvs08taco has a spectacular aura aboutcvs08taco has a spectacular aura aboutcvs08taco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Casey
cvs08taco's Tacoma Gallery
Level 8

Really some nice looking wheels, definitely considering them for the future.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:02 AM   #39
OldDog is on a distinguished road
OldDog's Tacoma Gallery
Level 8 Tracker

Are the Level 8 Tracker wheels lugcentric or hubcentric? If they are lugcentric do they need to be roadforced balanced.? How much more will these wheels stick out compared to the stock wheels.Also which lugnuts work best for this wheel.. any problem balancing these wheels ?
Thank you for your help
Old 02-02-2012, 08:21 AM   #40
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: john
johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
Just placed a order thought direct tire discount . I called to double everything would fit my truck . The guy I spoke with was very nice and willing to answer any questions I had . I wasn't calling to order but he put me on hold "2 minutes" came back and offered me the package at $350 below the Internet price . Great deal I couldn't pass on it . Can't wait for UPS to come next week !

If your going to order make sure you call and talk about the price most likely they can come down on it .