Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

2012 Baja "How big" can I go???

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #41
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran88hi View Post
Thank you for being the first to give some decent advice.
Sorry if my advice wasn't more helpful but unfortunely there's only so many corners you can cut. It sounds like the dealer got you into something you didn't research as well as you should have. It sounds like you got awe shocked into a truck package you didn't really want.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #42
Bran88hi is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
Bran88hi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
Sorry if my advice wasn't more helpful but unfortunely there's only so many corners you can cut. It sounds like the dealer got you into something you didn't research as well as you should have. It sounds like you got awe shocked into a truck package you didn't really want.
All I want to change is the All Terrains to the Mud Terrain. I was reading about 285s but the last thing I want to do is cause a rubbing or wearing issue. I really don't want to change the way the truck rides or add any spacers. The All Terrains from past experience grab gravels and I will here them throwing up into the wheel house for miles. Suggestions on a good size for the BFG Mud Terrain?
Old 06-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #43
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
All I want to change is the All Terrains to the Mud Terrain. I was reading about 285s but the last thing I want to do is cause a rubbing or wearing issue. I really don't want to change the way the truck rides or add any spacers. The All Terrains from past experience grab gravels and I will here them throwing up into the wheel house for miles. Suggestions on a good size for the BFG Mud Terrain?
265/75/16
Old 06-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #44
Quack Addict
monstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonstertaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monstertaco12's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know what the dealer is telling you but no lift kit components void your warranty unless there's a direct relation to something breaking. For example if you have a 3" or 6" with 285s or 35s and your headlights aren't working they will still be covered. But if you bend a tie rod or something they might be able to blame it on the lift. The law protects vehicle owners. The Magnusson-Moss act makes it illegal for an auto manufacturer or auto dealer to void a warranty just because a vehicle has been modified. The only way that a vehicle warranty can be effected is if the lift or leveling kit is the direct cause of a failure.

http://www.tacomahq.com/66/tacoma-leveling-lift-kit/
^^a lot of good info on lifts and your warranty
Old 06-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #45
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a baja and already did the cab mount chop, and have my angle grinder & dremel ready once I burn my money on some new tires. You will rub fenders even under normal conditions.

I just had the truck out in moab and really pushed the truck. Quite a few people on here were impressed. It is not just 5100's. I slapped a plate steal bumper, winch, full skids and sliders on it and she still handled everything I threw at it....Now I want more. I have 700# Eibach springs ordered and I am about to order UCA, but not shocks. The stock baja shocks have room for even more travel only swapping UCAs. I am not sure about the rear, but lets be honest that is the cheap end.

Got this from this thread.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ause-baja.html

Old 06-11-2013, 08:09 PM   #46
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thank you for being the first to give some decent advice.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #47
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You would no doubt rub with 285's without doing any mods. Get 265/75
That's approx. 1" taller than what your running now with the same width
Old 06-12-2013, 03:06 AM   #48
MWM BAJA 12 is on a distinguished road

Name: Micah
MWM BAJA 12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Did you get the pelfreybilt plate or hybrid bumper
I ordered the plate bumper. What is the hybrid bumper?
Old 06-12-2013, 03:11 AM   #49
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWM BAJA 12 View Post
I ordered the plate bumper. What is the hybrid bumper?
My bad . It's called the prerunner bumper .
Old 06-12-2013, 03:12 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
I have a baja and already did the cab mount chop, and have my angle grinder & dremel ready once I burn my money on some new tires. You will rub fenders even under normal conditions.

I just had the truck out in moab and really pushed the truck. Quite a few people on here were impressed. It is not just 5100's. I slapped a plate steal bumper, winch, full skids and sliders on it and she still handled everything I threw at it....Now I want more. I have 700# Eibach springs ordered and I am about to order UCA, but not shocks. The stock baja shocks have room for even more travel only swapping UCAs. I am not sure about the rear, but lets be honest that is the cheap end.

Got this from this thread.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ause-baja.html

Let me know how the UCA install goes. What exactly is cab mount chop? I have a 2012 Baja. Thanks
Old 06-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #51
Bran88hi is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
Bran88hi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
You would no doubt rub with 285's without doing any mods. Get 265/75
That's approx. 1" taller than what your running now with the same width
Good thing I double checked. Do not put a leveling spacer on top of this suspension. There are no good ways to lift the truck enough to get 33s on it yet without major issues. I am still going with the BFG Mud Terrains, just educated myself and am getting 265/75R16 instead. Thanks Everybody.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #52
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good thing I double checked. Do not put a leveling spacer on top of this suspension. There are no good ways to lift the truck enough to get 33s on it yet without major issues. I am still going with the BFG Mud Terrains, just educated myself and am getting 265/75R16 instead. Thanks Everybody.
Glad you could finally set your self on a set of shoes, Now fucking LT it and get a build thread going! haha Happy trails and trials man.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #53
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWM BAJA 12 View Post
Let me know how the UCA install goes. What exactly is cab mount chop? I have a 2012 Baja. Thanks
Cab mount chop is when literally the cab mount gets chopped to help clear bigger tires. I will also have to trim the fenders, but I am going to wait until I have the 285's on so I can see how much I actually need to trim.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #54

Cool. Now I see with the before and after pic you posted. You do the CMC yourself?