1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'00 PreRunner 2.7 Auto running 33's???

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by GunNut, May 13, 2011.

1. May 13, 2011 at 10:40 PM
    GunNut

GunNut [OP] Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    00 PreRunner SR5 & 89 4Runner SR5 4x4
    None
    Hi all,

I'm new to the tacoma world, but not new to Toyota Trucks. I'm a recent transplant from Yotatech.com. Prior to this, I've had an old school Toyota pickup (22R) and a 1st gen 4runner 4x4 (3VZ).

This is my first Automatic PreRunner truck. I bought this truck strictly because it's an automatic, all of my vehicles have always been 5 speed manual and the wife can't drive any of them. So this will solve the problem of me driving her everywhere when she needs a truck for things. :D

In the past, I've always had 33s on my Toyotas.. but now I'm a bit reluctant to do the same set up without seeking some advice.

Here's the concern, if I put 33s or 285s or 305s (not sure yet) on this PreRunner, 2.7l, automatic, will it still move? I know the 2.7 is not a race motor by all means, but the real concern is, how is it paired up with an automatic trans, and bigger tires? My buddy has a 2.7, 4x4, with 305s, but he has a 5 speed and his truck handles it quite well. Will it be the same with an auto trans?

I appreciate the feedback, advice or experiences you kind folks can share.

Products Discussed in

To Top