1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

02 double cab taco..getting subs =D

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by jnub, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Jun 5, 2009 at 4:24 PM
    jnub

jnub [OP] Member

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 sr5 prerunner
    finally getting subs. i have a 02 double cab taco. i was gonna get the custom box.
    http://www.soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/2118

since the enclosure only fits 8"s i was gonna get the pioneer premieres. im a little lost though, do i have to take off the plastic covers behind the rear seats in order for the box to fit? what else, if anything, do i have to remove in order for the box and subs to fit. also is there enough space in between the two subs to mount an amp? will i have to put the amp under a seat? so confused :confused:

2. Jun 5, 2009 at 4:45 PM
    MiikeyD

MiikeyD The Green Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    im not sure i was thinking of doing the same thing to my 02 dc also. I have a 12 sitting on my seat behind me as of now. The only reason I wouldnt get those because its not ported and porting makes a nice difference IMO. but i guess you can get the box, find some nice subs and see if you have to take the plastic part out or not lol. the things i think you need to remove is the hardware that keeps your tire changing stuff there, the hydraulic jack and the plastic cleats for grocery bags and what not. everything except those metal things that keep your seats attached to the back

3. Jun 6, 2009 at 2:04 AM
    jnub

jnub [OP] Member

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 sr5 prerunner
    sick tacoma, i have one just like it. i just got into a t-bone accident so im gonna get work done. not my fault so, fee fo me. where is a good place to keep the tire changing gear. i would like to keep it. i was put the amps for my speakers and the sub under both seats. i just need to find a place to put the tire changing gear.

also, i havent seen that certain custom box installed, is there space in between the subs to mount an amp? maybe i can put the tire changing gear in between.

4. Jun 6, 2009 at 3:51 AM
    MiikeyD

MiikeyD The Green Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    i have 2 amps underneath my seats. one under the passenger and one under the driver. get a custom box made for the 02 DC so that you can have ported subs and im pretty sure you can fit at least some 10s behind the seats and an amp. it just needs to be designed right. the one in that link is probably just manufactured for quick selling

5. Oct 26, 2009 at 7:49 PM
    woodbutcher

woodbutcher Well-Known Member

Member:
    san jacinto ca.
    Vehicle:
    02 prerunner sr5 trd
    k&n intake, aftermarket wheels 16"
    i got a set of 12" kickers for free ,and im pissed they won't fit

6. Oct 26, 2009 at 7:59 PM
    cole47

cole47 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    Hickory NC
    Vehicle:
    Ray of Sunshine
    lift, wheels, tires
    i had a shop build me a box with the 8" premiers behind the seat.....2 alpine 1000w under each drive/passenger...one amps up the subs and the other doors and tweeters (alpine type s)+switch on/off p.a...and i did have to remove the plastic pieces on the back of the seats

Products Discussed in

To Top