1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

02 Suspension Replacement HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by BehindUranus, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Oct 2, 2012 at 8:38 PM

BehindUranus [OP] TrippTheGreat

Oct 2, 2012
    First Name:
    02' Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Flowmaster Stage II Exhaust with 18'' tip, Gear Alloy Recoil 17x9 rims with Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires, Color matched Leer fiberglass tonneau bed cover, Alpine CDE-121 AV head, 2 10'' Rockford Fosgate P1, Rockford Fosgate P300-2 Amp, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs
    Hey guys and gals,

The dealio [​IMG]

Looking to replace my front struts and rear leaf springs. Currently everything is OE and in semi-bad shape. My leaf springs are flattened out instead of being a smiley-face and getting to be a rainbow shape-----not good----. The front struts are almost to short to clear the 17x9 Gear Recoil rims with Cooper Discoverer AT3 265-65/R17 tires I have. If i turn to tight the tires scrape the inside of the wheel well or if i shift the suspension to much, considering I dont have much currently it makes sense.

Front Struts:
    I have been considering the Rancho Quick-Lift complete front struts for clear the front. I understand they add 1 inch or so to the front to basically level the truck. Can these struts be lifted more, are they good for that or bad? Better suggestions?

Leaf Springs:

My leaf springs are in pretty bad shape like i said above. They are almost to the point of becoming rainbow shaped instead of flat. Need a replacement soon-ish. Ride is horrible. Anyways onto the point. Looking to replace with NEW or find a Lift kit possibly 2-3 inch kit that provides replacement Leaf Springs, not just an AAL. From what i can find from area dealers no company makes a complete kit anymore that includes Front Struts and Aftermarket Leaf Springs. Any ideas?

looking to replace the suspension for best suspension for LEAST money possible. Any ideas? Thought? Etc? Lemme know.

BehindUranus aka Tripp
  2. Oct 5, 2012 at 8:16 PM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Jan 3, 2011
    First Name:
    Lafayette, Indiana
    2000 SAS D60 F/R
    SAS.. Need I say more.
    Why don't you look into OME suspension, cheap and excellent quality.
To Top