1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

03 tacoma 3" lift questions! help please!

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by tacotrev88, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Mar 13, 2011 at 11:13 PM

tacotrev88 [OP] Member

Feb 22, 2010
    First Name:
    Ukiah, CA
    03 Tacoma 4x4 v6
    Ok so I have an 03 tacoma trd 4x4 v6, I got the fox/fabtech coilovers for the front. I have them set to level right now but I wanna lift them 2.5 inches or 3 inches whatever they go to and I was going to get blocks for the rear to lift it. so here are my questions.

1) what size blocks should I get for the rear to be level? 1 inch? 1.5 inch? 2 inch?

2) would I need to get longer rear shocks if I get a 1 or 1.5inch blocks?

thanks people.
  2. Mar 14, 2011 at 8:38 AM

bowyer2002 always tinkering

Sep 4, 2009
    NE Missouri
    01 Taco SR5 D-cab 4WD
    OME 882s, OME shocks all around and OME Dakar spring packs, ARB, Warn 8000, ARE shell, Custom rear bumper w/ reciever, 5-235/80R17 Cooper Discoverer ST MAXX on FJ wheels, grey wire mod, Hi-Lift, Hellas, Red-Line hood lifters, Scion radio, sliders, Safari snorkel & LED Ditch lights on CBI mounts.
    Blocks WILL lift your truck but I'd opt for AAL - personal experience I had blocks and then went to the AAL and have been pretty happy with the set up and now I am going to new OME leaf packs since the stock springs are finally shot.
    Yes, you should get longer shocks otherwise you can grenade (ruin) them when your rear end flexes.
    Just installed a BDS AAL on a friends truck and it only took a few hours to do, pretty easy - I think he got the 2" AAL. There were no instructions, but I had done the AAL before.
    Hope this helps.
To Top