1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

05-08 vs 09-15 Sport Front Seats

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by StrangeDuck, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Mar 29, 2023 at 12:11 PM
    StrangeDuck

StrangeDuck [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner AC TRD Offroad; 4.0 6-speed
    265/75 Bridgestone Dueler ATs, 5100s all around, OME 883s front, EL095R Dakars rear (overload removed), custom sliders, Clazzio seat covers, Softopper, KB Voodoo URTC
    I was able to get my hands on a driver side Sport seat from a 2013 to replace the original Sport seat from my 2007. The donor was a TRD Sport and mine is a TRD Offroad. When I look up the info I see there seems to be some kind of difference between the 05-08 and the 09-15 seats. Does anyone know what they are?

I assume it is some kind of wiring difference. I think I remember that my 07 seats have airbags but I have covers on and haven't yet pulled them off to confirm. If it is a wiring difference is there a solution to make the new seat work with my truck?

2. Mar 31, 2023 at 1:27 PM
    JdevTac

JdevTac Bawnjourno

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    GA/WA
    Vehicle:
    2nd gen
    The seat position sensor part looks to be the same. The airbag hookup should be the same. The only main difference would be presence or lack of seat airbags since in 05-09 they were optional. But if you have them then presumably should connect right up. You’d have a tag on the side of the seat and a yellow cable underneath if you have a seat airbag.

The only thing you really need to do is verify all the plugs are the same.

edit: it looks like since you have an access cab you probably don’t have airbags it looks like they were an option for Double cabs but maybe I’m wrong.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
    ToyoTaco25 likes this.
  3. Mar 31, 2023 at 1:45 PM
    ill ay

ill ay I DO MAN STUFF

Member:
    The Valley
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pre Tacoma & 2017 4x4 SR5 Tacoma
    The 2007 doesn't have side airbags, while the 2013 does. It should easily bolt and plug right in. The seat is essentially the same, minus the side airbag.

Products Discussed in

To Top