1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

05+ antenna base removal

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 2006Raven, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Dec 31, 2011 at 6:31 PM
    2006Raven

2006Raven [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virgina
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OFF ROAD Modified
    All-pro long travel suspension with WE coil-overs and WE rear shocks, All-Pro 3" Leaf pack, Baja style rear tire carrier, Timbren Bump stops (front & rear) 17X9 ATX Artillery Teflon coated, 35X12.50 General Grabbers Red letter, All-Pro front bumper with Smitty-Built 10K lb. winch w/ synthetic line, 6" KC, 4" PIAA fogs w/ run anytime mod, custom grill, K&N CAI, Throttle Body Spacer, Tinted windows, Armor-tech wraparound rear bumper with receiver and reverse lights, Smoked Tails, All-Pro Sliders, Pioneer Dbl Din, with rear head rest monitors, Optima Battery, Bed lights, Rear spots, Tool Box, Hi-Lift Jack w/bed mounts, Custom switch panel with aux. power distribution 12 circuit panel, aux. lights and winch controls, armrest lock mod, mag-lite mod, E-locker Mod.
    Can anyone help me out..I'm replacing my stock front fenders with fiberglass ones..I can't figure out how to remove the base of the antenna ..thanks..

2. Dec 31, 2011 at 6:34 PM
    Sunner

Sunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    There was a thread about this posted afew days ago if you search for it, I think it was said that you need to get behind the plastic in the wheel well to get to the base

3. Dec 31, 2011 at 7:31 PM
    2006Raven

Member:
    Virgina
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OFF ROAD Modified
    All-pro long travel suspension with WE coil-overs and WE rear shocks, All-Pro 3" Leaf pack, Baja style rear tire carrier, Timbren Bump stops (front & rear) 17X9 ATX Artillery Teflon coated, 35X12.50 General Grabbers Red letter, All-Pro front bumper with Smitty-Built 10K lb. winch w/ synthetic line, 6" KC, 4" PIAA fogs w/ run anytime mod, custom grill, K&N CAI, Throttle Body Spacer, Tinted windows, Armor-tech wraparound rear bumper with receiver and reverse lights, Smoked Tails, All-Pro Sliders, Pioneer Dbl Din, with rear head rest monitors, Optima Battery, Bed lights, Rear spots, Tool Box, Hi-Lift Jack w/bed mounts, Custom switch panel with aux. power distribution 12 circuit panel, aux. lights and winch controls, armrest lock mod, mag-lite mod, E-locker Mod.
    Thanks ill look into it..I have all that off and the fender loose..just can't figure out how to get it off with out breaking it.

4. Dec 31, 2011 at 7:41 PM
    NelsonTacoma

NelsonTacoma This is my derpawayinator!!!!!

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport 03 4Runner Limited 4wd
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete
    In order to separate the antenna base from the fender you have to unscrew that chrome thing around the mast with the slots in it and then unbolt the base from behind the fender liner. Should be a 10mm bolt behind the fender liner. It's a pain in the ass to unscrew the chrome piece. Just did it on a truck at work last week, actually had to cut it off cause it was seized on.

Also to disconnect the antenna cable from the truck there is a plug behind the passenger side "a" pillar.

5. Dec 31, 2011 at 8:40 PM
    2006Raven

Member:
    Virgina
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OFF ROAD Modified
    Thanks so much for the info..the disconnect in "A" pillar helped me at least get the fender off..thanks again..

Products Discussed in

To Top